1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Entune update 3.1.0

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by mark_amdg, Nov 14, 2013.

1. jdk2

jdk2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I don't think there's an update for the advanced model with HDD.

2. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Issue was fix a few days ago. Thats old news

3. markabele

markabele owner of PiP, then Leaf, then Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I think you're being a little paranoid not updating your iOS. Sure, there is an outside chance of a few bad things happening, but you could say that about walking out of your house in the morning.

Lourun likes this.
  4. zhenya

zhenya Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

There is a specific issue with upgrading the 4s to iOS7 where many users are losing their wifi/bluetooth access. It happened on my wife's phone, and when I started looking into it, it's quite common.

Hers happened to be under warranty, and Apple replaced it, but I can see a dose of caution here if you are out of warranty and don't want to pay for a new phone right now.

5. markabele

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Sucks to own a phone and worry about it getting worse not better after an upgrade.

davekro, mmmodem and playingbball20 like this.
  6. Lourun

Lourun Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Wife's iPhone 4S went though the upgrade,no problem!

7. markabele

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I too know dozens of people that had no issue.

8. davekro

davekro Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Mark, if you were one of the many of the iPhone 4s owners who have lost (greyed out) wifi and Bluetooth, you would feel differently. Apple refuses to acknowledge the problem. But being there are several threads with many pissed off people with no WiFi after upgrading to iOS 6 (or 7). Apparently, the new OS heats up the WiFi chip and compromises the solder connection. I certainly experienced upgrading to the latest (and last for that model) OS on my old iPhone 3G and the phone became 'extremely' slow, as to make it not worth using, not just inconvenient. Here are two discussion threads on the issue:
    (26 pages, 382 replies) wifi greyed out iphone 4s: Apple Support Communities
    (14 pages, 204 replies) iphone 4s wifi greyed out.: Apple Support Communities

My 4S has had way higher battery usage from day one than my prior 4. Friends did not see this, so I figured I got a poor unit. I just got used to charging it a lot, but it made me feel mine might possibly be prone to the WiFi problem so many have had. I don't know the odds of mine being in the subset of all 4S's that show this problem, but I prefer to not risk it.
    I have until March for availability for an upgrade with AT&T. I prefer to have a 4S to sell that works, when I upgrade (Maybe to a Samsung S4).

If there were several loooong threads on PriusChat describing a problem that developed where most of the mileage, energy use, etc. data displays simply went blank after some factory firmware update to the PIP (that was not experienced by all, but many). And Toyota refused to acknowledge it and fix it after you were out of the factory warranty period that applied, might you ask the dealer NOT to do this 'upgrade' to your (out of warranty) PIP? Especially if there was no big up side to the 'new' upgrade when it performed as planned?

I do not think Toyota or other responsible manufacturer would act this way. After being a Mac and iPhone user fan for many years, I am very disheartened with at Apple's attitude on this issue.
    (done with rant, sorry about that... :eek: )

PS. I also know many friends with 4S's with no problem. But then, I do not 'know' a statistically significant % of all iPhone 4S owners either. Lets just leave it at I am 'OK' with iOS 5.1.1 until April. Nothing in iOS 7 that I 'just have to have'. YMMV. ;)

9. markabele

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    You wouldn't catch me dead owning Apple anything. ;)

People got on the Apple bandwagon, rightly so, when they were heads and shoulders the better mobile OS. That was a while ago now. Android has not only caught up, but surpassed Apple on many different fronts.

So, no I am not one of the iSheep. ;)

10. davekro

davekro Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I may be slow... (but I do poor work ;) ). I have tosay when My wife opted away from the iShip to get a larger display, as her 'IT' I had to learn it. (LG G Pro E980, OS 4.1.2). I was very impressed with the OS. I had just never taken the opportunity to stray from the herd and check out Android. She lives in a PC world, so it made perfect and easy compatibility sense for her. I have an (older) iMac and syncing calendar and address book to Android OS will likely require me to leave my dinosoar Entourage email/calendar and go to Google calendar. You sensed my paranoia earlier and Google's all to open data sharing and corporate use concerns me (being well past 1984 in current data 'sharing' (n) )

But my 'iPissed Offedness' will likely get me into a Samsung come March. ;)

markabele likes this.
  11. retired4999

retired4999 Prius driver since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Gosh and I thought I was bad, I just crank my phone and ask Mabel to please connect me to Barney! and Have a nice day Mable. :p

12. swamiji

swamiji Junior Member

Good morning and happy holidays. I have been to 2 dealerships in Miami who are both clueless on the 3.1 update. They say they will look into it and get back to me and I never get a response. Autonation and West Kendall Toyota. Any chance you can send the service managers an email updating them on the update? I showed both of them this post and still nothing.
    Please help.
    Thank you.
    hal

13. wmo168

wmo168 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Toyota trying to save money by not sending USB out to every prius owner, now it is a waste of time for the dealer and us to go in and try to get a simple software update. It would be best if they can update over the internet going forward.

markabele likes this.
  14. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Or let us download into our own usb stick.

playingbball20 likes this.
  15. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Toyota sent out USB sticks for one of the earlier updates, but I suspect they're now restricting the distribution in an attempt to keep their software confidential, perhaps as a precaution against hackers.

16. Valencia Orange

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The iPhone 4 is where you have problems. Works on 4s

17. iplug

iplug Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I went to my "2 hour" appointment at my local Roseville Toyota dealership this morning for the 5 minute update. I got my car back 75 minutes later with the update.

If they want to bill Toyota for 2 hours, fine, but seems silly to hold my car from me for that time. I figured they would do this so spent the time well across the street at Home Depot.

18. M12

M12 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Went to Carson toyota and they wanted $55 to update. They told me it was not applicable to warranty.

Anybody else in SoCal get the update for free besides longo? Might have to make a trip out there for my next service visit

19. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Refer the dealer to post #74 in this thread, or tell them to call Toyota corporate for instructions.

Entune update 3.1.0 | Page 4 | PriusChat

Or better yet, get in touch with Dianne there and have her straighten out the service department. She regularly posts deals at PriusChat and has a very good reputation here:

Best # to call or text is my cell: 949-689-0717
    or email [email protected]

20. davekro

davekro Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    VERY surprised that sh!t would happen... in Dianne's House! I would love to hear her conversation with the service dept... Hello people, ..... :D