1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Entune

Discussion in 'Toyota Hybrids and EVs' started by shader4, Nov 29, 2014.

1. shader4

shader4 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Having used Entune since early 2012, the evidence is pretty clear: Toyota has no intention of providing effective support, primarily because the company just doesn't have expertise with consumer software.

I think lots and lots of small claims lawsuits will likely be more effective, in part because Toyota buried a waiver to class-action lawsuits in the Entune customer agreement.

That doesn't preclude complaints to the FTC, NTSB, your state Attorney General (for fraud, lack of warranty support), Better Business Bureau, and any social media platform you care to use.

Anyone who can out the names of Toyota employees and executives on engineering and product management team would have to make these corporate drones more accountable to customers.

2. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I gave up on Entunes the first year I owned my Prius. Are they still using that crap audio system in today's Prius?

Mike

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    there have been a few updates, but i haven't heard any compliments.

4. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Still waiting for a WinPhone app (now for WinPhone8.1 Lumia 1520)... to whatever extent it can be supported.

5. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My car didn't show any updates last season. I wasn't expecting it to ever function like it used to from the factory before those so called updates in 2012. Oh well...

Mike

Wanderin around on my phone...

6. Keith Elkin

Keith Elkin Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I ditched entune within 2 months of getting my Prius and replaced it myself with a Pioneer Avic 8000 NEX and while it does have its own issues that irk me it is still way better than Entune

7. waldo

waldo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    III
    I just today purchased a new Avalon Hybrid and will take delivery tomorrow, What is Entune?.
    When I got home and check my e-mail I had an e-mail,asking me to down load there app.
    I have an I-Phone 5. Will my phone work or does Entune require,later version phone?
    Any all help would be welcome

8. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    The Entune app on your phone is the gateway between the car's navigation/info system and the Internet. With it running, you can get traffic updates on the navigation system and run various other apps that come with the car. I'm using the app on iOS7 on an iPhone 4, so you should have no trouble with it on your iPhone 5.
    You should have a separate manual which includes everything you need to know about the Nav system in the car, but here's a thread with some current info:
    New 2014 Toyota "Entune" Audio Systems | PriusChat

9. Cory19thFloor

Cory19thFloor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Keith. Looks like my wife and you got the same make/model and even the black cherry color. :)

I'm thinking of adding a Pioneer system to mine as well. Of course it would be a 2019 or 2020 model. But, how did yours turn out? Do all buttons on steering wheel still work? Any suggestions/recommendations? Thanks.