1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Father Day Special

Discussion in 'Prime Accessories and Modifications' started by will the engineer, Jun 15, 2019.

1. will the engineer

will the engineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hi everyone,

So I got a message from MEG to pass on this information for anyone who is intrested.

There is a father's day special going on starting today.

So fat its been 5 months of ownership, i'll share my experiences later on tonight! tapatalk_1560629159752.jpeg

2. Washingtonian

Washingtonian Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Not sure what you are referencing. I Googled "Meg" and got an old science fiction B movie.

3. KennyGS

KennyGS Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    She says, "Hi" by the way.

[​IMG]

4. will the engineer

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
  5. will the engineer

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    LMAOOOO wth

6. Rob43

Rob43 Senior Member

VA, BMW Race Car, BMW R1200R, BMW 330Ci, Ford F350
    Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I'll put my Ultra High Performance All Season 205/50-17's on 17x7" light weight wheels up against* these stabilizing bars any day of the week....

Rob43

* On your dime.

7. Washingtonian

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Interesting, a Taiwan company making stabilizing bars for a Prius out of "aluminum steel". The OP said he would report on his five month's experience with them on Saturday. Still waiting for that...

8. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    wow, I'm still trying to decide if this is just a Father's Day prank...........A month and a half late for April 1?.....Is someone going to tell us this can be installed on a C model to gain another 6 mpg?

Really trying to figure out what I'm missing here...is this a real market? Will there be more than 2 sold worldwide? This is a Prius, right?

So I got a message from MEG to pass on this information for anyone who is intrested.

I would imagine there's a very limited demand from dads out there waiting in line....Did someone really pay $400 for this? Money to burn?

I just don't get it..............

9. will the engineer

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Negativity/pessimism/sarcasm at times can flair up in this community - more common than not I am afraid.

That's why I truly appreciate @bisco when he is around, doesn't contribute that mindset in this forum

I tend to ... not find this kind of mind set in other community like any vintage car forum
    Oh well, it's part of the community I guess

#9 will the engineer, Jun 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  10. will the engineer

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Yes I did, I got a little busy with spending time with family.

So the experience has been consistent from my previous thread, only one thing to note is that my third LA to Sacramento trip I took, I noticed that the car does behave differently in high winds.

Previously with the stock bars, the prime would exhibit more spring like behavior when a high gust of wind would push against my car. Now add solid fixed bars, the car does get less pushed around from high winds.

Still the weakest point are those thin tires, once the factory balds out I will replace them with a slightly wider set and different rubber compound :)

11. Washingtonian

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Thanks for the update. I don't recall seeing a previous thread on these. I appreciate that these might make the chassis slightly more rigid. But they look like simple metal plates with countersunk bolt holes that anyone could make with ten dollars worth of material. I wonder why someone would pay three or four hundred dollars for a set unless it was going on his Ferrari.

Prius from Dad likes this.
  12. MEG@TW

MEG@TW Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius PHV
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Thank you all for your comments.
    Currently we have more than 300 Prius Gen 4 and Prime installed PS1 in Taiwan.

Prius Gen 4 and Prime are great cars, however the vibration on the road and the car leaning angle during turns is not so comfortable, that’s why we have develop PS1 to improve these situations. Hundreds of test to find the right stabilizer design, using material such as 7075 aluminum steel and weight distribution to improve the driving experience, stiff the chassis and improve on the handling, really makes Prius better control. Although the product looks simple, but we have spend a lot of time designing it.

Appreciated the members here reading my comments, if you are interested in PS1 and not so confident about our product, we will give you money back if you are not satisfy.

If you would like to know more, please check out this thread which Tony and Will has review on our product,
    Meg Stabilizer Bar Review | PriusChat

13. Rob43

Rob43 Senior Member

VA, BMW Race Car, BMW R1200R, BMW 330Ci, Ford F350
    Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Prime Advanced

Are you a PriusChat forum Sponsor ??

Rob43

14. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Can anyone tell me what 7075 aluminum steel is? After being in the steel industry for 21 years maybe I'm just not up to speed on new alloys?

Perhaps 7075 aluminum plate or bar stock?

15. Prius from Dad

Prius from Dad Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I've been in the machining business for 45 years and I never heard of aluminum steel before. 7075 is an aircraft grade aluminum, very strong, stable and machinable. I had to google aluminum steel:

"Aluminized steel is steel that has been hot-dip coated on both sides with aluminium-silicon alloy. This process assures a tight metallurgical bond between the steel sheet and its aluminium coating, producing a material with a unique combination of properties possessed neither by steel nor by aluminium alone."

"Aluminized steel was developed for providing more structural durability and a high yield strength in highly corrosive environments. Aluminized steel maintains the strength of high-alloy steel, but at a fraction of the cost. Aluminized steel is cheaper to produce than high-alloy steels and thus is a preferred material for manufacturing automobile and motorcycle exhaust gas systems."

Rob43 likes this.
  16. MEG@TW

MEG@TW Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius PHV
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Thanks to TMR-JWAP and Prius from Dad for pointing out the material wording issues

We have made a mistake in our translation, material is Aluminum Alloy 7075, sorry about this confusion.

"Aluminium Alloy 7075 offers the highest strength of the common screw machine alloys. The superior stress corrosion resistance of the T173 and T7351 tempers makes alloy 7075 a logical replacement for 2024, 2014 and 2017 in many of the most critical applications. Alloy 7075 is heavily utilized by the aircraft and ordnance industries because of its superior strength."

#16 MEG@TW, Jun 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2019