1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First flat tire on my Prime

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by BiomedO1, Sep 5, 2021.

1. BiomedO1

BiomedO1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Got my first flat today; luckily it was in my driveway. Is there a jack and lug wrench in the 2021 Primes?
    I just used my garage tools. Now I'm going to get serious about getting a spare tire, highway plugs, and possibly tools from a late model Corolla. If I was on the road, this would've ruined my day.
    I noticed the OEM tire was pretty flimsy, with thin sidewalls. I was also surprised to find no anti-seize on the lug studs. It was at the dealership two months ago for the 5K tire rotation.

2. pharmdtg

pharmdtg New Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    There should be a tool kit in the back cubby where the charge cable is stored.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yes, there is a jack, fix a flat and compressor

4. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    The jack is located underneath the rear driver passenger seat;).

I bought a spare tire that I carry around just in case :).

Lucky you found the opportunity while in your driveway(y).

5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Woah Nelly: you've got a scissor jack and lug nut wrench in there.

I'm surprised you were surprised: you're not supposed to use anti-seize; the torque spec is 76 foot/pounds with clean/dry threads.

That's a tire plug-repair kit? Good idea. Also worth having: a small bottle of soapy water, chalk or wax pen (for marking plug location), gloves (especially for winter), reflective vest (triangles, cones, etc), pliers (for pulling stuff out of tires), a smallish square of plywood (to put under the scissor jack on soft ground or gravel) and last but not least: someway to inflate the tire, preferably without using the #&@?! included compressor with goop. Dead simple and very reliable, is a lowly floor standing bicycle pump. We're off on a minor road trip tomorrow, and taking one along.

#5 Mendel Leisk, Sep 5, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
    jerrymildred likes this.