1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Floor mat removal procedure for sound insulation installion?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by BigBear2010, Apr 18, 2016.

1. BigBear2010

BigBear2010 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi everybody, I tried to google procedure how to remove floor mat but I only found procedure to remove back seat. Does anybody know how to do it? I'm just tired noise on highway after 2 years :(

Thanks

2. Dylan Doxey

Dylan Doxey Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I did this a couple of weeks ago.
    What did you do to ur Gen III Prius today???? | Page 553 | PriusChat

I think you'll get a better return on your effort if you start with soundproofing the doors.

Also, take a look at @scrappy's reply to my floor treatment post.
    What did you do to ur Gen III Prius today???? | Page 555 | PriusChat

3. BigBear2010

BigBear2010 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I will try on 4 doors and the trunk first. If Im not satisfied with the result than I will do the floor. Since you've done it, how did you remove the floor mat. I know that I have to remove all seats and the trails on front seat, but how about the floor mat??

4. Dylan Doxey

Dylan Doxey Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The only thing holding the front seats in are four bolts and a few electrical connectors each. Those come out fast.

The rear seat is held in with twp bayonet clips and two hooks. You just need to yank it out -- but the two forward clips can break. It seems like a good idea to have some spares on hand. I just bought four (part number 72693-12080) from ToyotaPartsDeal.com for $22.

The center console took a while to figure out where all the bolts were. The trick -- look under the mats in the storage compartment floors. :)

The carpet is held in place with a few plastic friction pins. But mostly there are the hooks around the perimeter. It's not hard, but a little tedious. You need to pull up all of the plastic rocker panel covers, and the forward kick panels. There are pink clips through which all of the wiring harnesses are routed. These pink clips also serve double duty as carpet retainer clips. Initially it's a little tricky figuring out how to unhook the carpet. But it goes easy once you figure it out.

upload_2016-4-18_22-26-41.png

upload_2016-4-18_22-22-22.png

#4 Dylan Doxey, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    EcoBro and BigBear2010 like this.
  5. Phildo

Phildo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Tip: Go to AliExpress.com - Online Shopping for Popular Electronics, Fashion, Home & Garden, Toys & Sports, Automobiles and More. and do a search for the Toyota part numbers for things such as plastic clips.

Way cheaper than Toyota, and you can build up a collection of clips in anticipation of breaking the original ones when accessing the hybrid battery, etc.