1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front wheel hit curb possible bent something?

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by samuraisd, Sep 22, 2019.

1. samuraisd

samuraisd Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My mom hit the right front wheel on our condo private street making a left wide turn, causing a small rim rash. She tokd me that she scraped the wheel because the car stopped and she heard a noise. I noticed on freeway, car pulls to the right. I know the alignment is messed up. I just want to know if this actually bent something, or it is just "normal" thing fixable by realignment. I saw the only solid part is the bottom black metal lower control arm that could be bent, it was probably a 5mph impact, any idea ? Thanks... nvm. Did a few of my research, this is quite a common problem. I expect my answers would be, bring it to alignment shop and get it inspected. But that is if I trust the alignment shop at all. anyways, other people have far worst scenario than mine, which visually, they could tell by just looking at the control arm or tide rod. Nothing is simple and easy. FTW.

Attached Files:

#1 samuraisd, Sep 22, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i can't tell from the picture. what other options do you have? take it for an alignment and see what they say.

scona and Mendel Leisk like this.
  3. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Rotate the road rash wheel to the opposite back than see if you still have the pull.