1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GenIII Prius Custom PIDs for Torque app

Discussion in 'OBDII Android App' started by usbseawolf2000, Oct 7, 2011.

1. corystal

corystal Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I just went through the same thing... If you add the predefined set, and you only get like a page and a half worth of "ECU CUSTOM PID" thingys: you did it wrong! the CSV is not where it needs to be. Use an app like ES File Explorer ES File Explorer File Manager - Android Apps on Google Play and set the settings to "show hidden folders".. then use the path USBSEAWOLF gives you: /sdcard/.torque/extendedpids... if it doesn't exist: create it. Put the CSV in there, go back to Torque and try again. You should see the new option in there when you hit "add predefined set" you'll know it works because the list of new "ECU CUSTOM PID"s will be REALLY big...about a 5th of the way down is Reverse Beep and Seat Belt Disable PIDs .. choose edit, then scroll down and hit test... that's it... close it and your done.

2. Maj

Maj Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I am forever indebted to those members who contributed to the instructions for disabling that infuriating reverse beep via Torque. As I explore the features of Torque I would like to convert an old cell phone into a permanent gauge panel. I'm using one of the Amazon ELM327 gadgets that stays on all the time. In reading through all the old posts, it looks like the 12-volt battery takes a slight hit from this but no one has posted in a while if they leave theirs plugged in all the time and what the consequences are. Is there an elegant way to install a relay to turn the ELM327 on and off with the ignition to prevent battery drain? How do you full-time Torque users handle this?

3. briank101

briank101 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Are there PIDs for the Air conditioning customize parameters document in this link http://andrew.daviel.org/prius/m_01_0030.pdf ? I would like to set the "Compressor Mode" to manual so that the compressor only comes on when I push the A/C button, otherwise A/C can be on regardless of LED on A/C button. Also some of the other settings could be useful.

4. GasperG

GasperG Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Where did you come up with that? The A/C operates only where there is led light on the A/C button. Some of the functions allow that this button is ON (led on) even if you don't press it, for instance when you hit front defrost the A/C will go on automaticly.

From what I understand "compressor mode" is aparently on manual settings on my EU model, or I don't understand when does Auto button exactly turn on the A/C (maybe only when it's hot?).

5. briank101

briank101 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Confirmed with OBDII Torque app that there is an A/C power draw with led off, for example, when the combined floor/windscreen airflow setting is chosen. A/C operation can continue regardless of led indication even with below freezing conditions.

6. markabele

markabele owner of PiP, then Leaf, then Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Just because the AC light is on doesn't mean the AC is on...if that makes sense.

7. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    so if i am correct this P3 settings can also be used for the yaris HSD?

8. Flying White Dutchman

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    mm so i loaded the P3 pids and in a yaris i get a error after a while

the abs esp lights come on and stay on only after i reboot ( shutdown car and back on again ) its gone.

anyone else want to share the pids for the yaris they are using?

9. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    There is a separate custom PID thread for Prius c. You can do a search. Prius c is basically a Yaris HSD.

10. Flying White Dutchman

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    o sorry.. did not know that!

thx!!

11. corystal

corystal Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    When I leave mine plugged in, the dash says theres something wrong, like "check hybrid system".. I forget how (message on the screen, or just a dummy light) but it was enough to annoy me into unplugging it.

12. Flying White Dutchman

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    mm i use the search option but can not find it ;-(

any help would be nice

going to do a test drive and would like to see what happens in the yaris compared to myy p2

13. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  14. Flying White Dutchman

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    so with al the prius c users on the road and online here nobody made a list already for the prius c ( and so yaris ? )

i see some guys on youtube with a yaris and this app but they do not provide any info about the pid's and i have no clue at the moment how to get them myself.

edit
    i think i found them!
    add to this post

Attached Files:

15. Maxwell61

Maxwell61 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What on earth means the PID "Racing operation" (ON/OFF) of ZVW30 list?

16. PriusPgh

PriusPgh New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've seen some discussion of BSFC calculations using OBII. Has anyone settled in on one that they feel is a good representation of the overall fuel economy?

hybridbear likes this.
  17. markabele

markabele owner of PiP, then Leaf, then Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Of the Prius? YMMV

It can vary from 30's when it's cold with a bad commute to 70+. Just really depends on so many variables.

18. hybridbear

hybridbear Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    First of all, thanks to all the posters who have done the work to compile this data! I have a ScanGauge and now am getting an Android tablet with which I will use Torque Pro. The tablet and OBDII scanner will arrive today. As I was reviewing this entire thread and the PID spreadsheets I noticed that the zipped spreadsheet in post 1 has a couple lines with errors that say "NAME?" in Excel when I open the file. Did I somehow mess it up or is something else wrong?

Second, what about using the GoogleDocs spreadsheet? What are the differences between the GoogleDocs spreadsheet and the zipped spreadsheet from post 1?

Third, is there any reason that I should import all the custom PIDs from either the GoogleDocs or the post 1 spreadsheet into Torque Pro? Would it be better if I just imported the parameters that I plan to use? My thought is that I'd sort out the parameters that I want into a separate spreadsheet and just import those so that I don't slow down the system too much. I've also already used my ScanGauge to turn off the annoying reverse beep so I don't want to accidentally turn it on by having those parameters in Torque Pro.

I'm really interested in Torque Pro for the logging capabilities. I want to be able to analyze certain data points offline to learn more about the operation of both the Prius and our Fusion Hybrid. I'm particularly interested in temps of MG1, MG2 and other hybrid components to make sure that they're still getting adequate cooling even with the grille blocking I've done. A quick hand test has always found the coolant to be cool to the touch even when the ICE coolant has reached 190+F, but I just want to make sure.

Thanks everyone!

19. djasonw

djasonw Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey Guyz...I am currently using the Torque App with the custom PIDs (downloaded here) for the Gen III Prius. I also own a 2004 Prius and I'd like to download the PIDs for the Gen II. If I download the Gen II file will it write over the PIDs that reside there now or will it merely append that list? I'm primarily interested in analyzing the HV pack so those associated PIDs would be required. Any information you have would be appreciated.

20. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It should append. If it conflicts, just change the name.