1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Grommet from Plastic bottom cover came off

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Mide, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Mide

Mide Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hey all, I just joined up after purchasing a CPO 2010 Prius IV. Love the car but after taking a closer look I noticed that one side of the bottom black plastic cover was drooping on one side. Upon closer inspection I noticed that there was a screw and plastic Grommet combination that was not locked into place. After unscrewing the screw, I tried to put the grommet back in place but noticed that it couldn't fit because (I believe) the white bumper portion where the grommet goes broke off. I compared it to the other side of the car and yes it does seem like part of the plastic top portion that is connected to the bumper broke off.

I inspected the bottom some more and it seems like there are a good number of screws missing and a large plastic piece that is the front tire well is also very loose.

Do you guys think any of this is covered under the CPO warranty?

I noticed this TSB here...but I don't know if it is the actual oil door that is the issue.

2. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    You have to ask about whether CPO covers this from the company you bought the car from. If not, these plastic "nutplates" and screws are relatively cheap at a Toyota parts counter.

3. Mide

Mide Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    So I went to the dealership. I was correct in that the place where one of the tabs goes in broke, it would require a whole new bumper to replace it correctly. There were other screws and such missing but those were replaced. Nothing was covered under warranty because they saw 'damage'. The service guy explained how it is rare for anything to be replaced on the section of the bottom panel because many people will scratch up the front under carriage on parking blocks and such.