1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has anyone added the Homelink mirror? Any tips or how-to's?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Joe-G, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Firephoenix1980

Firephoenix1980 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    HELP!
    I think I got a little overzealous with this DIY.
    I purchased an Auto Dimming with Homelink mirror through Ebay (it supposedly came from a 2012 Toyota Prius) for my 2013 Prius Two. The mirror didn't come with a wire harness/pigtail wire. I order one from ebay, however the one I received doesn't fit the pin connector on the gentex mirror I purchased. I did however shaved the sides off and the ten pin connector finally fit into the mirror. Through trial and error, I T-tapped the wires from the harness to pin connectors in the car for the outside mirrors and map lights. I was successful in making sure the mirror's LED left light turns on when the car turns off or when I click on the OFF circle button on the mirror, however when I press the homelink buttons, nothing happens, nothing blinks. The setup calls for holding both ends of the homelink buttons for 20 seconds to reset the programming but nothing.

I would really greatly appreciate any help or assistance.

If anyone can help, I drew a diagram on my setup attached, hopefully it's simple to understand.

Best,

Greg B.

Attached Files:

2. Johnny C

Johnny C Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    So you get nothing when you press on the homelink buttons, regardless if your car is on or off?

3. Firephoenix1980

Firephoenix1980 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  4. Johnny C

Johnny C Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Good luck on the backup camera.

5. Ajwatuc

Ajwatuc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Ok i bought a gen2 homelink mirror which has a button to make the mirror dim. Now if you care about the dimming get a gen2 mirror for your gen 3. The one i got was on ebay and I bought it for $38 shipped only issue is I had to order a new wire cover because the gen2 connector is lower than the gen3 the cable connector can be oreder from gentex but if you search online you can find it cheaper. I paid $12 shipped for the cable cover. The part number is 50- 9010227001M i ordered from gatehousesupply

6. nklb

nklb Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I replaced the rearview mirror on my 2012 3 with solar roof. I got one with homelink, auto-dim, and a digital compass.

The auto-dim works perfectly! I've never had it fail to work.

usnavystgc likes this.
  7. usnavystgc

usnavystgc Die Hard DIYer and Ebike enthusiast.

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The only thing I can think of for the "the Dude" is that it must be operator error. Lol.