1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has anyone received a CA Green HOV Sticker yet?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by elmofongo, Mar 2, 2012.

1. bilofsky

bilofsky Privolting Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Chevy Volt
    DMV just updated their count again - third time in three weeks. Guess they've been getting a few phone calls. (Who? Me?) :)

36,737 issued as of today, March 21. The rate since March 12 is back to what it was before the dealers all piled on earlier this month.

So, projecting linearly (which is dicey for just 9 days of data), the date of doom is now May 17.

I will breathe a little easier. Gee, I won't even call them today. :)

[​IMG]

2. bilofsky

Vehicle:
    2014 Chevy Volt
    Looking at this a bit more closely -

The first part of 2013 stickers were being issued at a rate of about 40 a day.

From September, when the dealer order program started, through Feb. 28, 2014 it went up to about 85 a day.

For the first 12 days of March it was 216 a day! The dealer memo must have gone around.

From the 12th, when the dealer program was terminated, to today, March 21, it was back to 56 a day. The rate might drop further, because most of those stickers the dealers ordered this month will be stickers the buyer would otherwise have applied for. If that holds up, they could last until the beginning of June, for applications mailed up until around mid-May.

Tracksyde likes this.
  3. firedoug

firedoug Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    My dealer had stickers at time of purchase ;)

4. rxlawdude

rxlawdude Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Tesla Model S

I thought the program was terminated on the 17th. Where'd you hear the 12th?

5. bilofsky

Vehicle:
    2014 Chevy Volt
    You're right. The first any of us heard of it was the 17th, from Dianne. So that interval from the 12th to the 21st might include the last few dealer stickers.

Bottom line, it's hard to predict what the issuance rate will be from now on. But it'll be less than it was the first weeks of March. We'll know more when DMV updates their web page again.

6. rxlawdude

rxlawdude Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Tesla Model S

I got mine on 3/14, and Dianne had already submitted paperwork for the stickers. Waiting for them like a kid waits for Christmas. :)

DianneWhitmire likes this.
  7. paulsha911

paulsha911 Junior Member

Bought my 2014 on 2/23, received new plates and Green Sticker (EH326xx) at the same time on 3/6.

That was pretty quick turnaround time. SFToyota was GREAT throughput the purchase process. They said they can't guaranteed but they already had the green sticker pre-ordered before I bought. They had to do something about matching my new plates (once they got the plate number) to the HOV sticker. I was concerned that would take a long time, but they seem to know what they are doing and 2 weeks later I am driving around with new plates and green sticker. BTW, it helps the commute time quite significantly. From San Mateo to Sunnyvale, it saves me at least 10 minutes each way. That's 20-30 mins added back to my life everyday!

This is the 3rd Prius I bought from Micahel Ma at SFToyota. Highly recommend.

Paul

rxlawdude likes this.
  8. bilofsky

Vehicle:
    2014 Chevy Volt
    That's because you got it through the dealer, not DMV.

The application for my Volt's sticker was mailed 3/11. DMV said there was a transaction on 3/22 so I should see the check clear in a day or two.

9. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I just handed out sticker #39,112.
    (I posted this elsewhere in this thread, am adding it here because it's pertinent)
    The bill to add more green stickers is stalled, as HOV lane degradation continues upwards to 49% from just 43% a few months back.
    The DOT will have to come up with some pretty good numbers.
    It's not just $8 a sticker. That's not what the argument is.

It's the positive $ sales tax on all of the cars and continued expectation of their license fees versus the $1500 state funds being handed off. And, you need to know they calculate this carefully. How many are leased? Not as much sales tax is collected in a 36 mo. lease as compared to the $1500 cash handed over.

Then you need to consider how many electric and natural gas cars are also expected to use the lanes. If the lanes degrade (traffic wise) to the point of someone who WOULD have bought electric simply does not because they feel it's pointless to NOT pollute if they cannot see a commuting benefit, we're screwed. We have quite a number of cars already made and coming that are white-stickered. Our own Rav4 EV. Tesla. BMW i3. Honda Fit. GM's Spark. Fiat e and Smart electric, to name a few.

If these things benefit the state over all, they will weigh this against HOV lane degradation (not the lanes, but the traffic movement in them) and you'll get an answer. I bet you do not get it quickly. IN regards to my own inventory, I have 200+ PlugIns here to see and about 130 are already assigned stickers and we have them, but I also have to wonder what will happen with the other 70 with no pre-ordained HOVs?? In my case for business purposes, I pray they allow more stickers. I love this car, I own this car and I like selling them and making you all great deals.

On a personal level, no more green stickers means my own Phev just jumped in value about $5000. That won't matter till I decide to sell it, but I could. I have a Rav4 EV that I use to commute in since last summer with an unlimited mileage lease that's super affordable.

I will end this post the way I began. I just handed out sticker # 39,112.

Ploni likes this.
  10. bilofsky

Vehicle:
    2014 Chevy Volt
    The ARB website just posted:

As of March 28, 2014, 38,179 "green" stickers have been issued.
    So still running over 200 per day. Nine more days and pau.

(And the serial numbers are higher than the number of stickers, so there should be some stickers in the 40,000s.)

11. greenleaf

greenleaf Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Several pages earlier, I postulated that about 2.6% stickers were re-issued. so, we might even reach sticker #41000.

12. greenleaf

greenleaf Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    On a related note, the $1,500 CA CVRP rebate for this fiscal year is expected to run out by next week as well. So, this weekend might be the last shopping weekend to snag both the $1,500 CVRP rebate and green stickers.

13. greenleaf

greenleaf Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Just saw this post from another forum:

California Runs Out of Clean Vehicle Rebate Funds for ZEVs and Plug-ins - Consumers Buying These Vehicles Will Now Be Added to a Waiting List
    CNCDA just received word that the California Air Resources Board (CARB) will suspend rebates of up to $2,500 under the Clean Vehicle Rebate Program TODAY. Buyers of these vehicles who complete applications will be added to a waiting list for $5 million in additional funding. Eligibility for federal rebates are not affected by this announcement.

Beyond the additional $5 million already allocated (which at current sales volume could last for less than 30 days), consumers added to the waiting list likely must await funding to be approved by CARB and as part of the state budget to be adopted this summer. Though we believe that that this program will receive additional funding, there is no guarantee that it will. Potential electric vehicle customers should be made aware of this fact. Rebates from the waiting list won't be paid until late September at the earliest, according to CARB.

14. bilofsky

Vehicle:
    2014 Chevy Volt
    Whew! Got my Volt just in time! My HOV sticker and rebate were both approved a week ago.

Ad in today's SF Chronicle - Prius Plug-In - "19 IN STOCK WITH GREEN HOV STICKERS - GUARANTEED. HURRY IN WHILE IT LAST!" (sic) We'll see more of those.

Wonder how the selling prices will go.

15. greenleaf

greenleaf Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Looks like
    Congratulations.

Also, it looks like CVRP just sent out a bunch of rebate checks.

16. bilofsky

Vehicle:
    2014 Chevy Volt
    On checking rebate status, CVRP advises
    If you applied on or after March 28, 2014, you will receive your rebate check in September 2014.

So they seem pretty sure they will get more money, but not for a while.

(Doesn't affect me; I applied March 7.)

17. jeffws

jeffws Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Result for CVRP A-067xxx

Applicant Name: JEFF

Application Status:

Your online application was received on 3/3/2014 6:37 PM
    Supporting documents must be mailed to CCSE and postmarked within 14 days of applying online.
    Your supporting documents were received on 3/8/2014 12:00 AM
    We will review your supporting documents in the order in which they were received.
    If any supporting documents are missing or if we require further information, we will notify you via email within 5 to 10 business days.
    Your CVRP application was Approved on 3/19/2014 8:19 PM
    We will issue and mail your rebate check in the order it was approved and within 90 days of the Application Approval Date. Please be advised that delays beyond normal processing times may occur.

18. mileage

mileage New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Applied CVRP on Dec 20, 2013.
    Mailed 10 days later.
    Approved on Jan 13, 2014.
    Got the check ~ March 20, 2014.

19. icesalmon

icesalmon Junior Member

I bought my PIP last saturday. I am waiting for my license plate in order to apply for the HOV sticker. Since the HOV sticker is running out soon, Can I just apply for the sticker without a license plate?

20. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    You cannot apply for the decals until you have the plate number. Typically you can get the number from the DMV a bit before you get the actual plates.