1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Have you recovered center console?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by davekro, Dec 15, 2013.

1. davekro

davekro Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Has anyone disassembled the console lid? I'm curios how the plastic strips on each side come off. I want to cover it with a dog friendly material (washable). Does it come apart and go back together easily?
    --- my question regards the 2012+ (non sliding) center console lid---

2. davekro

davekro Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I found a site with parts schematics for Prius/Toyota. Part # 15 of the 'rear console' seems to be the side plastic pieces I'd mainly need to remove to attach a covering over the black nylon/rayon? OEM cover.
    - Find a Item

I did find a site selling covers for the 2010-11 'sliding' lids, but not the 2012+ yet.

Found a thread from 7/13 for the 2010 and prior console cover. Hoping to find someone having done this with the 20111+ cover with plastic on sides. ;)
    Another center console recover | PriusChat

3. Benjamin Haag

Benjamin Haag Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Can you please share the site that sells the 2011 lids? I have a broken one that I'd like to replace. Thanks!

4. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't recover it. You put a cover over it. Custom seat covers sets come with center armrest covers. Maybe GT Covers will sell you just the center cover. See pic. Or go to an auto upholsterer to make a cover to go over your armrest.

Seat Covers for All Car and Truck Makes and Models - Exact Fit Seat Covers from GT Covers.

You will also de-value your car by removing the OEM armrest cover. I'll bet GT makes a 2012+ center armrest cover even though it's an odd shape.

camera 571.jpg

#4 cycledrum, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2014