1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Headlight level sensor bracket - bolt size/thread pitch?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by odensc, Oct 19, 2022.

1. odensc

odensc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Had the dreaded headlight warning come up on my 2005 Prius. Upon inspection, the headlight level sensor appeared to be zip-tied on at the top by the previous owner. I'm not sure how it even worked until now, but I'd like to replace it properly.

My problem is that the old bracket has been sheared off at the top (pictured below), which means I can't bolt it back in. It appears you can't purchase the bracket separately, so I'm purchasing the whole part.

My question is - does anyone know the bolt size and thread pitch for those bolts on the bracket? (also pictured below) They are missing from my car, and the replacement bracket does not come with them

[​IMG]

upload_2022-10-19_16-53-20.png

2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Catalog Figure 84-18, Electronic Height Control, shows Toyota part number 91671-A0614 for the two bolts. I don’t know of a published source for their size, class, surface treatment, and other properties, so I’d recommend using Toyota parts, not a substitute.

That said, from other part numbers in the series, they’re probably flange bolts with washers, M6-1.0 × 14 mm.

3. Georgina Rudkus

Georgina Rudkus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    They are M6x1.0x16 flange headed bolts, which is pretty much standard for all Toyotas to mount accessories to the body of the car and many engine components.

odensc likes this.
  4. odensc

odensc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you @Elektroingenieur - I was searching for "headlight level sensor" and not "height control" so I never found that figure. I'll see if I can source the OEM bolts.

Elektroingenieur likes this.
  5. Georgina Rudkus

Georgina Rudkus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Just go to any Pick Your Part junk yard. The bolts have been standard on all Toyota products for at least the last 40+ years.

Take a 10mm hex socket and a 1/4 inch drive ratchet. If the socket fits onto the head, you got it right.

odensc likes this.