1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help Telling the Prius Touring Edition from the Standard...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Tom Schoenborne, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Tom Schoenborne

Tom Schoenborne New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring

Does anyone know if ALL 2007, '08 and '09 Prius Touring Editions had 7-spoke alloy wheels and heavier suspension components?

My wife and I have been finding many vehicles billed as Touring Editions (VINs come back as Tourings when run too), but without the heavier suspension and 7-spoke wheels.

The 2007 Touring I owned had all of these. I am looking for a replacement because I lost my car in an accident a couple of weeks back (see: Seeking a Real '07 Touring Edition... | PriusChat),

But almost every Prius "Touring edition" we've seen has the lighter suspension components and six-spoke wheels (see example images attached from a car billed as a touring, but with the lighter components and wrong wheels.)
    IMG_5467.JPG IMG_5472.JPG IMG_5479.JPG .

Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom S.

2. CooCooCaChoo

CooCooCaChoo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    You should take the VIN to a dealership. They can look up that car and tell you exactly what was installed on the car when it rolled out of the factory.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    All Touring models add:

HIDs
    Foglamps
    Longer rear spoiler
    16" alloys on 195/55R16 tires
    "touring spec" suspension.

Note that the first two (HIDs and foglamps) are also available on higher spec trim of the non-touring models so keep that in mind.

AFAIK, it's valid for 2007-2009 model years.