1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

High pitched beep/tone

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Okopipi, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Okopipi

Okopipi New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I tried doing a search, to see if anyone has mentioned this before, but didn't find anything. I have heard a high pitched beep, which doesn't seem to emanate from the audio system. I haven't been able to pin-point where it's coming from, or conditions under which I hear it, but I will try to gather more information and post here again. But, I thought it might be worth asking here. My boyfriend doesn't hear it, but I think that must just be the frequency. It doesn't happen all the time, but when I hear it, I will hear it a couple of times a minute.

2. wb9tyj

wb9tyj 2017 Prius Prime Advanced

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    we have heard it too, reminds me of firing up the turbines in the turbo prop plane...i think its normal...what it's doing is part of the ev system checks and i find it is only during ev operation...the beeps are, in my prime, beeping just prior to running up the ev, and during ev operation going down the road...what they are for .idk yet...

Okopipi likes this.