1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How Come......

Discussion in 'Chevrolet Volt' started by dbcassidy, May 30, 2012.

1. dbcassidy

dbcassidy Toyota Hybrid Nation, 8 Million Strong

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    How come on all the local Chevy commercials I see Malibus, Impalas, Equinoxes, Silverados but no Volts?

How come on a nationally popular t.v. show sponsored by Chevy - Hawaii 50, a cast member isn't tooling around on the big island in a Volt fighting crime? Seems like a golden opportunity to get prime exposure to the viewing public.

Could it be the GM board of directors had a new calculation on the Volt product and they are not to fond of the new numbers?

Could it be that there is a level of disenchantment within the GM corporate world with the Volt?

Just some observations.

DBCassidy

2. FL_Prius_Driver

FL_Prius_Driver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Maybe you don't watch enough TV?! There have been a whole series of Volt Commercials with individual owners.

3. drinnovation

drinnovation EREV for EVER!

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Even if you want to consider "TV show" product placement it been on Mentalist,
    "How I met your mother", Entourage, Invention Hunters, and Ultimate Factories.

There are potentially dozens of potential reasons why not the volt's not been placed on 5-0 and why the number of commercials are limited, most of those reasons are very benign and some are even logical.

Or maybe GM Marketing decided not to advertise in parts of MA where sales were already low.. I seen plenty of Volt commercials, but then they are selling well in CO (with the $6000 state tax credit they are a very good deal here).

bajapat likes this.
  4. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I've seen Volt ads on TV, including those w/supposed Volt owners. But, they weren't from local dealer Chevy dealers.

If there were any from local Chevy dealers, I ignored those ads completely, so I have no idea what's in them.

FWIW, I watch ALL my TV thru TiVo and blow thru most ads.

5. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    More like flawed logic, I'd say.

I see Toyota commercials (national and local) none of which featured the prius, prius v, prius c, or pip. Around here, it appears that all they care about are selling Tundra's for thousands off retail. ;) Seriously, I haven't seen Prius spot since the original family roll out campaign. Guess the big T doesn't care about them. :rolleyes:

6. dbcassidy

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two

7. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    You don't see Corvette ads, but Chevy still sells them.

8. dbcassidy

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yep, the Corvette does have a "niche" market. The Volt could also be headed to that market segment.

9. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I've seen a bunch of Volt ads here in CA where they specifically tout the new (eAT-PZEV) version as being eligible for the green HOV stickers. They even have a small picture of the green HOV sticker in the ad.

Oddly (?) enough, I've seen no PiP ads on TV and haven't seen any i-Miev ads nor Leaf ads touting HOV sticker eligibility.

10. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I've never seen a prius phv ad, but they don't sell them here. Do they have ads on there?

The leaf and imev's are bevs, and everyone knows they get hov stickers. I've never seen an imev ad either. The volt did not qualify before, which means they are using ads to get the word out.

11. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius