1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to access dealer customisation options?

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by GT4Prius, Apr 17, 2017.

1. GT4Prius

GT4Prius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Excel
    Great thanks!

Just one issue for me about use while driving. As far as I can tell most of the cheaper devices don't seem to have much Bluetooth security, so there might be a risk of other folk connecting to your device's Bluetooth and messing with your car while you are driving.

Others who have used these may have more info and I might be wrong about there being any risk, but until someone convinces me to the contrary I will be cautious about that.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. alexcue

alexcue Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Thanks for pointing me to the right info guys! Love the Cartista OBD2 and the app. Made the changes I wanted and needed. IMO this is a bargain, the dealer could have done it for me I know and unless I wanted to drop off the car make a specific appointment for the person who makes these changes, seems they need some special laptop to do it and waste basically half a day to do something that took me 5 minutes tops, just makes no sense. Time is money to me. This was money i gladly spent to fix issues I never even bothered with on my 2014 Prius because of the obstacles I explained above.