1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

how to turn off speed limit notifications in heads up display

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Frankcos, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Frankcos

Frankcos Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I have a 2017 Prius prime advanced with heads up display. Whenever you enter a different speed zone a speed limit sign pops up in the heads up display, and some of the other information temporarily disappears. This is perhaps useful when traveling, but annoying when driving locally, where are you already know the speed limits. According to the owners manual ( pages 233 and 243 in the pdf version), this can be turned off in settings. However, when I go through the procedure to turn it off, it does not turn off. I phoned the Toyota help line about this, but the agent knew less than I do about the vehicle, and was unable to help. Has anyone had this problem, and know how to fix it?

2. mr88cet

mr88cet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question, but I'm wondering what information the speed-limit signs cover up?

3. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Bet Optimus PRIME can answer your question.

Optimus PRIME likes this.
  4. Lee Jay

Lee Jay Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I think I already answered this once. You have to turn it off in Nav as well - Nav manual, page 211.

upload_2017-2-1_20-42-33.png

Samprocat likes this.
  5. goldenyears

goldenyears Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Update! No wonder I can't find where the speed limit displays... there is no speed limit parked in my garage! Duh! So the answer is: on the MID, navigation screen, next to the compass!

On Day 5 of being a Prius Advanced Prime owner. Still working on getting all the electronics functioning the way I want. Part of my difficulty is changing something and then not knowing how to get it back the way it was! When the car was delivered the speed limit sign was displayed continuously on the "big screen" or on the MID... I don't remember which. I set the HUD to display the speed limit. If functions as others have reported. I like it there except that it doesn't stay on very long. I thought it would continue to display also where it was to start with, but the speed limit no longer displays where it was to start. I would like to put the speed limit display back where it was. Where was it and how do I get it there?

#5 goldenyears, Mar 13, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  6. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    It'd help if the car could save a current snapshot of settings, be able to restore later. I have a camera that can do that, very handy.