1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybrid battery repair

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Morey Pryer, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Morey Pryer

Morey Pryer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Hi everyone, I'm a new guy here. I've been researching how to repair my battery and have seen many contradicting answers so I hope I can get some answers here. I am no electrician so I need step by step if possible. I'm replacing one of the modules in my hybrid battery. All modules read 7.78 volts except for the bad one.

Here's my question, when I get the new one in, what EXACTLY do I need to do? I've seen that you have to balance it with the other ones but I have no idea how to do that. I'm not too electrically inclined so I need it broken down to like 1st grade level haha.

Also, if the new one reads 7.7 volts, do I even need to do anything? Thank you in advance

2. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
  3. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    deleted...wrong tread lol

#3 JC91006, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome! you will need to determine if you have a bad module under load, using tech stream software. then, after replacing the bad module, if you want the repair to last, you have to do a bunch of charging/discharging to balance everything. all the best!(y)

aaroncv3 likes this.