1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Inexpensive aux in

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by robl45, Dec 31, 2016.

1. robl45

robl45 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm looking and searching and was hoping someone could point me to an inexpensive aux in that is known to work on the 2004 prius. Its my communter car and I don't want to put any large money into it, I'd just like to be able to hook up my phone and play some music rather than the few CD's I'm listening to from years ago. I'd prefer not to go the fm transmitter or cassette adapter route if possible.

2. R-P

R-P Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I was hoping I would have the aux-input in the centre console after I first bought mine, but alas, no such luck. I eventually went the more expensive route of replacing the Prius radio for an aftermarket one with USB and bluetooth (and external amplifierchannels and a sub)

I know no solution, but it might help if you mentioned if you have the base or the JBL version, as I gather from this post that the JBL doesn't have the aux-in as standard either...

Good luck!

3. Davidude

Davidude Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I used the GTA car kit for a few years before upgrading my stereo. Worked great, it replaced the CD player for an aux. Don't think there's a lot of wires to configure, but there's a youtube video on disassembling the dash to get to the stereo to put it in. Was very easy. Only modification to the car itself is you have to use a drill or something to allow the aux through the pocket under your radio that opens and closes. The hole is invisible with the aux through it. May not exactly be on the cheap side, for $90, but it was simple and worked well.