1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Intelligent Clearance Sonar not working

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Lise, Nov 17, 2022.

1. Lise

Lise New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hi - first post here. I have a 2018 Prius Prime Advanced. I believe that the Intelligent Clearance Sonar system is not working (if I pull too far in the garage, or I back up and the garage door is closed, there are no warnings). I know for sure that it used to warn in the front. I am not getting any warning messages or indicator lights. We've tried turning ICS off and back on but no change.

Since both the front and back aren't working, I wouldn't think it is a sensor.

We wanted to check the fuse but can't figure out if there is one and if so, which one it is (I found a fuse diagram and ICS and Intelligent Clearance Sonar are not listed.

Any ideas? Thanks!

2. Lise

Lise New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Ok - I figured it out! We'd googled a ton, but I figured I would go play with the buttons. Discovered that ICS doesn't work even if it is on UNLESS parking assist is on. I swear that it does not say that in the manual, but Toyota could really use some better tech writers for the manuals.

Tideland Prius likes this.
  3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ohh? Would not have guessed that.