1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is Prime a good option

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Mogambo, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Andyprius1

Andyprius1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Remember, any option can be declined, including carpets. not drivers side. The finance person will put mild pressure on issues with you and when you say no, he’ll put that option on anyway, Don’t sign the final document until you are satisfied. And afterwards, you can still decline or have options removed. As far as the Vin # thing, that’s another con, you do not have to accept that program, tracking ??? whatever it’s called.
    Overall it looks like you are getting a very good deal ! The proof is always in the final contract $ Total. Just for kicks see if they can throw in a donut spare tire, I heard they now have them on Primes. If not, at least a regular size spare tire. Remember they want your sale, badly and they will do a lot to get it. Good Luck.

RCO, Mogambo and Mendel Leisk like this.
  2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes Toyota charges $895 for destination IIRC. VIN etching is a dealer thing so that's the only thing they're charging you extra on (probably to partially recoup the $1,300 discount they gave you).

You have the Advanced, it has Safety Connect which includes stolen vehicle locator. Once you file a police report, you can give the report number to Safety Connect and they'll track your car.

RCO and Mogambo like this.
  3. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    A Yaris might make a good option.

4. Andyprius1

Andyprius1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Eco is default because Toyota thought you were interested in saving fuel. Power mode is incredible.

Prodigyplace likes this.
  5. The best accessories are included in the Advanced anyway. Like, oh, a heated steering wheel (the white button for it is just right of center), the color HUD, the Prime Apps... to preheat or precool your Advanced with Prime Apps, see this post for a description of how to get that setup (it's the short version of what the manual says, vaguely).
    For only a $399 charge, I will personally administer a 200 multiple-choice question test to go with the 784-page manual and the 308-page navigation system. Happy reading :D

6. mmmodem

mmmodem Senior Taste Tester

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Based on your low usage, I'd cancel the new car reservation. I'd keep the 2011 BMW X3 for a few more years until you get the house to charge the car in. In a few years, you could get the next model Prime with a measly 50 miles of range or whatever is coming next. Paying new car depreciation on something that sits at home most of the day doesn't sound good. Given you don't drive much anyway, a fuel efficient car won't be of much benefit either. I'm not a fan of buying a car for what you plan for in the future. Buy what you can use now. The future may not turn out like what you plan. Plus, you can get a newer model in the future with newer technology.

Good luck on whatever you choose.

RCO, Andyprius1 and Montgomery like this.
  7. Andyprius1

Andyprius1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The best model will not be out til 2038, and since one can’t plan for the future, a good possibility might be immediate suicide. This is all nonsense. Do what the other animals do, Live in the present. The difference between us and the other animals is we can PLAN for our future. You want a new car, buy it, you deserve it. Just don’t park it in the garage and never use it! However, that’s your choice too.

mmmodem likes this.
  8. Yes, I heard that this will have heated coffee cup warmers :D

#28 Deleted member 111882, Nov 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2017
    Andyprius1 likes this.