1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just discovered previous owner did a modification to the interior overhead light assembly

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by manoosie, Nov 11, 2012.

1. manoosie

manoosie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    While flipping my my rear view mirror upside down, I noticed a cable coming out of the interior overhead cover where the lights and sunglass holder is:

[​IMG]

So I did some more investigation by taking out the assembly (which the previous owner clearly had already done since the screws holding that thing up there were gone), and I found this:

[​IMG]

I have a pretty good guess what this is for. The previous owner had a backup camera installed, but I am missing the wireless monitor that works with the camera (I started a thread on it here). I assume he used this to power that monitor (which I still don't have).

Could I install a radar detector or something else here? I am not familiar with wiring stuff, so I am just curious what I have on my hands. I know the previous owner was very much into this kind of stuff. I would ask him, but unfortunately he is dead :(.

Thanks for your help.

2. kenmce

kenmce High Voltage Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Looks like a switched (?) 12 volt power source up by the ceiling with no need to run wires up the "A" pillar. Keep your power demands modest, hook up what you want.