1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Master, VSC, Brake and Hybrid Indicators On - Help

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by GreaseNerd, Jun 16, 2013.

1. GreaseNerd

GreaseNerd New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    04 Prius Harness_Plug_5.PNG Thanks for your input everyone. As I diagnosed this I thought about just splicing the wires together. However I surmised that this connector was placed here so that diagnosis could take place to isolate problem children. If I were to splice it I might not be able to determine in the future if a problem was the battery ECU, or the hybrid control ECU for example. So, I got some connectors that will allow me to disconnect these wires in the future. Also, rather than cut and reconnect all 8 wires, I only cut the corroded (black and brown) wires and reconnected them. This also preserved the mounting point on the arm of the blower motor. The battery fan now comes on during the active test, the P3000, P0A85, and C1310 errors are gone. Oddly enough it is now reporting a C0210 (Rear Speed Sensor RH Circuit), which I find odd since it didn't exist before and I haven't driven it yet since the wiring fix... hopefully driving it around the block a couple times will clear it up...otherwise more work. Attached is a pic of the fix. Also I found another post that appears to be the identical problem, so I do need to plug the leak up at the rear hatch dampers/pistons. Battery Blower fault & water leak | PriusChat

2. GreaseNerd

GreaseNerd New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I found a hairline crack where the rear quarters meet the roof on each side of the hatch. Did a temp sealant fix but will get some seem seal. All other codes are gone. Many thanks again to all.