1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MFD stolen- replacement won't power on

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Shinyside, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Shinyside

Shinyside Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Greetings all,
    As the title suggests some helpful soul broke the tiny passenger window and unceremoniously gutted the MFD leaving behind the plastic face and destroying the vent trim in the process. What was probably $20-50 worth of loot has cost me several hours of time and frustration, culminating in two failed attempts at MFD replacement (when the first didn't work it was exchanged for a 2nd).

Now to the point- the info I've found in two videos appears that two large connectors are required for the top of the unit- I've only got one and don't see evidence of the second being removed or cut by the theif. Can anyone give me a photo or description of what I'm missing?

Thanks for any and all

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
  3. Shinyside

Shinyside Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It's a 2005, the first MFD I tried had a 47081 part number, the newer one is 47210. I recall seeing a great compatibility list on the site but am not finding it atm. A local service shop said that '04 and '05 are compatible but others are not?

There is a thread which shows a photo with a second connector as well wherein user ITbland describes swapping pins. If anyone can confirm the second connector in an '05 I'd be grateful.

4. Shinyside

Shinyside Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    #4 Shinyside, Mar 17, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019