1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

[Mods]: Can a STICKY be created w/formula for "How Much $ to Charge?" or Gas vs Charge $?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by stevepea, Jul 19, 2018.

1. stevepea

stevepea Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Hi... a simple suggestion.
    Each time someone new comes here (including myself way back) the one question almost everyone who has a Prime asks, is some version of "How can I compare the cost of Charging vs the cost of Gas?", or "How much does it cost to charge my vehicle?"

Since this question is always being asked, is it possible that a mod could create a STICKY for it that people can easily find (and also easily refer others to, to help them)?

Not where everybody posts their own personal numbers/cost, but simply the general formula for calculating it (so people can then use their own numbers at home), with the caveats, spelled out and explained in easy-to-understand language for the masses?

I have seen plenty of good posts doing that throughout the last 1-2 years, but they've been burried in multiple posts in various areas all throughout the site. Not sure what sub area it should be placed in (Main Forum, Charging, EV Range, etc) -- I'll leave that up to the Mods... but if there was ever a topic that deserved a sticky, I think it's this one... :)

Rmay635703 likes this.
  2. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Sticky come about after the fact, when a popular thread becomes a resource others routinely share.

Create the content. If is it worthy, it will get stuck.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sticky decisions are a fickle lady.

4. Lee Jay

Lee Jay Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
  5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  6. lmans66

lmans66 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    My apologies for this is probably the 50th type of these postings....but I haven't been on this site much, even though I joined in 2008:)... In either case, it would appear that it is cheaper using EV as opposed to gas, for now. I agree though.

But another approach you can take is simply to not open nor read postings that are reposts, right? Might be easier than creaking a sticky type thread. I can see you joined in 2017 and have me already beat by a few hundred.... I would sooner be 'in the Prime' as opposed to being 'on the computer' :)