1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

moonstone

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by lmans66, Jul 10, 2018.

1. lmans66

lmans66 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Going to trade in my 10 1/2 year Prius for a Prime and am thinking that I like that 'odd' Moonstone interior.

It does look like it would get dirty pretty fast, scuff up .....etc.... So thoughts...? Is it too difficult to really keep clean on a practical basis or should I stick with the black? lmans

2. schja01

schja01 One of very few in Chicagoland

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I’ve been wrestling with this same decision a lot.
    FWIW my sales guy says black is much more popular.
    I went with black because then I only need the shifter appliqué to cover the stark white shifter bezel and not the console appliqué which is already black when you get the black interior.
    It all boils down to a personal choice. What’s good for me might not be good for you.
    How’s that for a non answer? (Grin)
    J

3. lmans66

lmans66 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I like the oddness of the moonstone but just not sure how clean it will keep even under normal wear ....I have no kids but do come in and out from hiking and a few grandkids around too. I think I will stick with the black....Magnetic Gray and Black cloth or White and Black Cloth. I will get the PLUS as I have heard too much negative on the larger screen...thanks for the input! jim

4. dotcommer

dotcommer New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I just purchased a black exterior, moonstone interior Prime Advanced. I can report back as I drive it more if I notice any issues with cleaning. We call our car baby Shamu as the whole thing looks like a killer whale pattern, lol

bisco, Blauer Glimmer and NEHiker like this.
  5. SteveMucc

SteveMucc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    if you go moonstone don't go for the titanium glow exterior... the white of the moonstone clashes badly with the titanium exterior (which in some lights can seem off-white, but not the true-white of the moonstone).

6. lmans66

lmans66 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I went for the white exterior and black interior. You know I was reading online the other day and essentially 'white' outside does make a huge difference in interior heat. But the interior doesn't make that much of a difference, if at all. So going with Black gets me away wondering how well the Moonstone will hold up cleanliness wise. But for a future Prius, would be nice to know. It is interesting that the Moonstone interior and the Titanium exterior clash. Interesting, jim

7. davecook89t

davecook89t Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I liked the uniqueness of the Moonstone interior compared with the much more common black. I think the fact that it was so hard to find with the other options I wanted made me all the more determined to get it. I also worried about how easily it would show dirt, but on the other hand, this is my first new car and I would like to know if the upholstery is getting dirty and needs cleaning, rather than have it hidden by a darker colour. I guess my choice made me more susceptible to the dealer's sales pitch for the protection package (I believe they coated both interior and exterior with a dirt-repellent material), probably not worth what it cost me, but so far there have been no problems (possibly just because I'm being extra careful).

8. lmans66

lmans66 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I must admit, I liked the Moonstone unique style and color....If one is to get into a Prius, one might as well step in all told! .... Anyhow, I went for the black. But good luck and let everyone know as I will follow and see what I want for my next car...

davecook89t and bisco like this.
  9. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i would go for red with moonstone, or even blue.

10. KMM

KMM New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Blue outside, Moonstone interior. I've had it a few months now and I do have 3 kids. This is our main transport vehicle. Surprisingly, I have not had any problems with it. No scuffs, no marks. But the real test will be winter.

davecook89t likes this.
  11. FuelMiser

FuelMiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I've had my Moonstone just over two years and 14K miles. No issues with wear and tear at all. But, it's just me alone in the car mostly. No eating/drinking, pets, kids to worry about. Looks brand new (and smells it too)..

davecook89t likes this.
  12. ems2158

ems2158 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Go for the moonstone interior. I've had it for over a year. It does get dirty on the edge of the seat back closest to the door but cleans up easily with just about any mild household cleaner.

davecook89t likes this.