1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Moronic Service

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by rnlpa, Jan 1, 2021.

1. rnlpa

rnlpa New Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    visited a local dealer for the 5000 Toyota free service for my 2020 Prime and the result confirms my suspicion that it was worth exactly what I paid. Nothing.

I noticed a low tire pressure warning shortly after visiting the dealer. I immediately drove to a convenience store with air pumps (WaWa in Pennsylvania) and in the middle of a ginormous pounding rainstorm I could not find the tire air valves - not one. I pulled the hubcaps off and discovered that the highly trained genius that Sloan Toyota of Malvern assigned to service my car had incorrectly installed the hubcaps after severely under filling the tires (25 psi). All of the air caps were broken as it probably took a great deal of effort and force to jam the hubcaps back on the way they were not intended to be installed.

A call to the dealer: 1. wanted to examine the tires for air leaks 2. promised to replace the hubcaps if I would send him a photo (he wanted to make sure that he replaced them with the same ones).

Told him I'd stop by if the tires leaked (in 2000 miles they haven't) and I am not waiting for the lying service manager to send me the promised hubcaps.

Toyota: Designed by Engineering Geniuses, Serviced by Morons.

This is my third Prius I previously owned a 2004 (totaled by daughter) and a 2007 that traveled 210,000 trouble free miles.

2. Bob Comer

Bob Comer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    My dealer never made the mistake of putting on the hubcaps wrong, but they always underinflate the tires, close to 25psi. I have no idea why they do that and I even tell them not to. I bought a decent tire inflator just because of that. I probably wont get a toyota next time because of them...

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The moronic is good for at least 100,000 miles before it needs any service.

4. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    keep fingers crossed that was the ONLY thingy they ^#%&$#%&^ed up. :giggle::coffee::X3::whistle::unsure:(n)(y):sneaky::sleep::sick::notworthy::ROFLMAO:

bisco likes this.
  5. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    As a Japanese proverb says...

There is nothing more expensive than something free
    ただより高いものはない
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

6. Liz Waters

Liz Waters Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Husband brought our 2017 Prime to our local dealership a couple weeks back for the annual, free for life, NY state inspection. When he drove away a Good Samaritan flagged him down to advise that the service boobs had left the hood unlatched. Duhhh.

7. MikeDee

MikeDee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    My dealer didn't repair a tire when I said I had a slow leak. They said they could not find the leak. Obviously they didn't dunk the tire in water. I took it to a tire center afterwards. They also put a gouge in my aero splitter. I should have made them replace that. I guess if they hire a bad mechanic, this is what happens. Otherwise I have been very satisfied with my dealer.

8. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Animal House