1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

mud flaps with aero spoiler

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by newcarsmell, Jul 21, 2015.

1. newcarsmell

newcarsmell Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    hi all,
    newbie here, we took delivery of our Prius v three yesterday. so far, 190 miles and loving it. it replaced a 2006 rave4.
    my question is has anybody put on mud flaps on the "v" that has the aero spoiler on it? the set I am looking at on eBay from a Toyota dealer says you have to trim the spoiler approx.. 2 inch's to make them fit.
    I consider myself handy, but don't feel comfortable to start cutting on it right away. any other solution's to this?
    also, I want to put a hitch on it to carry a lightweight cargo carrier. all I would carry in it is my surf fishing equipment, maybe 30lbs. tops. would the spoiler conflict with that?
    thanks in advance, I am really pleased that I found this forum.

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    They fit without mod on my 2012 and probably do so through 2014 since there were no body changes. See pic. A 2015 does have some changes and might require trimming of the guard. If it were me, I would wait until someone had a mud guard that fit without trimming.

mud guard.jpg

3. sean v4

sean v4 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    Welcome to the forum newcarsmell

I posted pictures of my mudguard with the cut piece.
    black 2015 prius v four | PriusChat

Used blue tape to tape it up where u will cut, then use a marked to mark the line to cut. It better to cut it short and make the adjustment by sanding. If you cut too much then you are out of luck.
    I used a small hacksaw to cut it. A coping saw works too. Make sure u angle it so it look professional.

4. sean v4

sean v4 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    Oh u will need to remove a few the plastic clips so that u can bend it to cut it.
    Here a picture of the clip. Just get a small flat head and pry the inner plastic round piece about 3mm then pull out the whole clip.

Attached Files:

5. sdiesel619

sdiesel619 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Just an FYI to all. there is a new part number for the 15-17 Prius v. It fits without mods. PU060-47115-P1. Just bought mine today and will install this weekend.

6. 200Volts

200Volts Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Or you can 3D print your own mudflaps (front shown):
    [​IMG]