1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Multiple warnings after entune update

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Rocky Mtn Hi, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Rocky Mtn Hi

Rocky Mtn Hi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I was driving home from work Wednesday when update needed on tune popped up so I hit go ahead kept driving said it was complete parked my car I could not get my charger door to open. Went back in the car and now multiple warning lights are popping up such as APGS system check, low breaking fluid, low steering fluid, anti brake system malfunction, parking assist malfunction. Car starts but blank screen and no radio. Cannot steer. Tried disconnecting 12v and reconnecting, no difference. Was working perfectly. Any helpful ideas??

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    call toyota. they should send you to a dealer for a freebie repair.

3. Rocky Mtn Hi

Rocky Mtn Hi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    That would be nice and I will try, thank you. In Rocky Mtns so hour away and cannot drive without power to steering. Only 11,000 miles in 3 years of ownership.

Salamander_King likes this.
  4. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I am almost certain that the Entune update has nothing to do with the warning lights. With the fact that the charge port door is not being able to open and multiple warning lights lighting up all at once plus a blank screen and no radio, it sounds like you have a very weak or dying 12v battery. If you have a multimeter, you can check the resting voltage on the 12v battery. If that is below 12v, I suspect that is the culprit. If that is the only thing bad, then changing to a new 12 v battery should take care of the problem.

Additionally, if you have a code reader, posting that will help others to give you more precise suggestions as to what may be wrong with your car and what's needs to be done. That being said, if the car is still under warranty, I would consider bringing it to the dealer. If it is within 2.5 years, then you could have used free Toyota Care road service. If you have an insurance road service policy, often they will tow your car to the nearest dealer. Make sure you keep all the records and don't reset the code before it is looked at by a certified mechanic.

#4 Salamander_King, Nov 14, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
    road2cycle and pghyndman like this.