1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My Project Lithium Battery Caught Fire

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sworzeh, Mar 12, 2024.

1. mudder

mudder Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Please continue this support request in the correct LiBCM Open Beta Support thread. It has no relevance here. If you continue to believe I am ignoring you on ic.net - and somehow feel this is pertinent to the Prius community - please feel free to post here again.

2. jacktheripper

jacktheripper Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    @08Tahoe please contact [email protected] for any issue, I know @mudder is trying his best to defame my business but helping him won't do any good to your warranty, we will announce the new product on July 4th, be nice and stay tune please.

#162 jacktheripper, Jun 20, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2024
    PriusCamper likes this.
  3. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    So exciting and can not wait for it!!!!!

mudder and jacktheripper like this.
  4. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    trying his best to defame my business but helping him won't do any good to your warranty,

That kind of stuff grinds my gears....

Well, then grow a set of balls and defend yourself. What has been lies and what has not? You can clearly state it here, no arguments, just facts. When you start your defamation lawsuit you can use it as a reference. If not, then you and your mini-me stfu about defamation and libel, and maybe think twice about which direction that defamation/libel may actually be going. Saying those words over and over again doesn't make it real. And if it's not real, but you're accusing someone of it...who is really being defamed and libeled?

I'm curious, does your warranty paperwork require being nice? Isn't a warranty a contract? Paid for as part of the original purchase? If I bought a product from you and you tried pulling that "be nice or it will affect your warranty", I'd do everything I could to drag your *** straight to court, and I'd be talking **** to you the entire time.

Do you remember the warnings @2k1Toaster (a member with significant battery manufacturing experience) gave you about lithium batteries in this application and he was given hell about it? Did it end up that his warnings were accurate?

Xeico and mudder like this.
  5. mudder

mudder Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Defamation law requires that the statement in question be false. Truth is a complete defense to a defamation claim, meaning that if the statement is true, it cannot be considered defamatory, regardless of how damaging it might be to someone's reputation.

It's telling that your only response to date fails to refute even a single claim I've made.
    Please let me know which part of my analysis is incorrect.

I intend to review your V3 hardware when it ships. If it is in fact a safe design:
    -you should have no reservations sending me a test unit, and;
    -I will review said unit fairly, and;
    -if I don't review it fairly, then you can sue me for defamation.

For now, my product analysis applies to the products you're shipping today. Specifically, your V2.8 hardware - which you've shipped to thousands of customers - fails to meet even the most basic safety standards. Lithium traction batteries should adhere to SIL2, whereas you're treating it like a software startup... "ship early, ship often" doesn't work when the failure mode is potentially catastrophic. I'm worried you might actually think that shipping (potentially) safe V3.0 hardware somehow negates your existing product's shortcomings?

Absolutely wild that your only response so far doesn't address even a single product safety issue I've discussed.

6. mudder

mudder Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    To my knowledge, everything I've said is true... pretty easy to make that claim, as it's my modus operandi.

So far nobody has challenged anything I've said... but I'd certainly consider any valid "mudder is wrong" claim.

Jack probably understands he doesn't have a valid legal claim.

On the other hand, I do have a valid defamation claim against Jack, who has made several false claims in private regarding my technical capabilities and professional reputation. Were I to take Jack to court (I don't intend to for now), I would surely win on the merits. My last contact with Jack was to politely inform him to cease and desist.

7. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    @mudder

That is funny someone making claims is saying everything he said is true.

It is not what you think you know it is what you can prove.

In a court case, there would be third parties that YOU the plaintiff would have to pay to test out your theory.

They would not just take your word for it.

They would however take a look at the third party platforms that have been used to slander and libel the defendant and you would lose your case.

Make sure to have all your documents in order proving your credentials.

Dont forget to do the test on the soother, where you said it violates safety code and that it would not disconnect the power when the safety plug is removed.

See if you can get a prius loaned to you so that you can actually prove what you are claiming and make sure to record it all in one take if possible.

Show the soother in place and have a voltage reader and do the whole process of showing it does what you are claiming.

Then after that do the other claim where you start the car without the safety plug in place and the soother cant handle it.

Then once the v3 comes out and a customer actually wants you to look at their purchase and open it all up, you can record another video of your thoughts and theory.

The audacity to ask for a free pack from Jack to test and bash is absurd.

Maybe pay another bounty and get the goods like you did before from unknown sources.

Seriously you are reaching and should take a step back and choose your words wisely.

Anything and everything can and will be used against you in a court of law.

Know your place and stay in your lane.

Seems like all you have on your mind is to come to priuschat and solely attack Jack

But that is to be expected from a potential competitor who has not posted anything about their future products on priuschat or even pictures of a prototype for that matter.

Good luck...

8. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Just the fact that the earlier models need replacement…

9. mudder

mudder Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I leave it to a scientific third party (i.e. not you) to evaluate my claims.

I would probably be the defendant in said case, but regardless:
    -Yes both sides would likely hire independent EEs to verify our claims.
    -I'd be surprised if Jack could get an EE to invalidate any claim I've made.

The "have to pay" part is irrelevant to me. I have the fortunate position that my principals nearly always outweigh fiscal prudence. To whit, I presently intend to sue the state of Tennessee regarding their new $100 registration fee for hybrid vehicles. My vehicle doesn't meet the state's legal 'hybrid' definition, and yet they will not renew my registration without paying said $100 fee. Instead, I've already written a $20,000 retainer to argue this case... and it's worth it, because I'm a principled man who doesn't care about money anymore. Some people call it "f!@# you" money... whatever it is, it sure is fun to have a great legal team.

Correct. Clarification: 'They' means the jury, and juries tend to have very little appetite for dangerous products.

I disagree with this statement, but of course that's up for the jury to decide.

I keep all my notes, and also all the hardware I test. I suppose I could dig up my diploma, as well of the diplomas of all my expert witnesses. $600/hour is nothing when you know your analysis is ultimately correct... and that the plaintiff will ultimately foot the bill after my anti-SLAPP countersuit.

Please post Signal Soother comments in the correct thread.
    I will reply to them there (and have ignored them here).
    Note that I filmed the video prior to reading your post (that I'm replying to now). When I filmed it, I hadn't yet heard back from anyone (including you) regarding how I should test it. I chose benchtop testing, as I don't own a Prius. Please feel free to repeat the tests I proposed in your car with your Signal Soother.

I've already stated my intent to test the V3 hardware, once I get my hands on it.

I hadn't intended to receive the pack for free. I was merely asking Jack to provide me one for testing (I would pay full price). However:
    -I don't need the entire pack... just one NexCell module, but;
    -I don't even need the NexCell module... just the circuit board inside, but;
    -I don't even need the circuit board inside, just the schematic (in b4 "BuT tHeN YoUd StEaL tHe DeSiGn").

If Jack doesn't provide any of the above (his choice), yes this is how I'll procure the pack/module/PCB.

I tend to take steps forward, but to each their own.
    I always choose my words wisely, and understand I'm responsible for my actions.

Note that the legal system doesn't intimidate me one iota... my legal staff is large and well funded. A few years ago my startup spent around five million dollars in legal fees, which was annoying, but we did ultimately win, so there's that. Not sure how many people here on priuschat have argued SCOTUS cases, but my legal team will be doing so again next year.

However, I doubt the merits of any case Jack brings would actually go to court; we'd likely prevail in our motion to dismiss, as such a case would clearly lack any merit.

Checks notes: mudder is an EE specializing in power conversion designs. Certainly 'feels' like my lane, but what do I know?

I've certainly spent more time than I'd care to replying to your asinine comments.

You know this is false, given that I created a post outlining my product intent, which you replied to (and then got your replies deleted because you can't play nice). And of course, I've already addressed the "no pictures" aspect, but will repeat it again: I don't yet have a prototype... what would I point the camera at?

Thanks!

#169 mudder, Jun 23, 2024 at 12:04 AM
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2024 at 12:14 AM
  10. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
  11. mudder

mudder Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Like I said, Thanks!
    Looking forward to sending you my prototype hardware, once it exists. You can even test it with your NexCell LFP modules, if for some reason you don't want to use NMC.

I wonder who is looking forward to Jack's V3 design more:
    -you, who seems to think the existing V2.8 design doesn't have any shortcomings, or;
    -me, who is highly skeptical that the V3 design will fix the numerous issues I've outlined previously. I'm particularly interested in decompiling the firmware (if it exists) in order to verify the code within.

Reminder: My primary motivation here is safety. If NexCell ultimately ships a safe battery management system, I will gladly report those findings... and until then, I will report safety concerns. That's fundamentally why I'm doing this (in b4 "bUt YoUr A cOmPeTiToR").

#171 mudder, Jun 23, 2024 at 12:19 AM
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2024 at 1:12 AM