1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need help about replacing windshield for 17 prime around Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by fm725fm, Feb 10, 2023.

1. fm725fm

fm725fm Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I have contacted couple shop around my area and price is from 300 to 600. And some of them need me to go in to Toyota to do the calibration. Anyone around LA area can recommend a shop to do the replacement or it is better to go into dealer ship? Any help would appreciated. My model is the prime plus

2. pghyndman

pghyndman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Not sure about California, but Safelite ads out our way say they calibrate.

3. ColoradoBoo

ColoradoBoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My collision repair folks outsource their windshields to Safelite and all the sensors are working great!

Your price quote is puzzling...I believe mine was about $1,000...but if you can get it for that cheap, good job!

4. Hidyho

Hidyho Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Actual windshield cost for Prius was $500 or less for non-Toyota, Safelite uses $1000 as a number, but only charges $500 for a non-Toyota, my deductible was $500, insurance paid nothing. Safelite does all the calibrating, if you have rain sensing wipers, make sure they put the gel thing at mirror, they forgot in my case, without gel, wipers don't know to come on when raining.

5. pghyndman

pghyndman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited