Newpriusbatteries dit com: anyone have any experience?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Piro133a, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Piro133a

Piro133a New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey guys, I see people mention newpriusbatteries here. Have any of you used his battery packs? Could you let me know how they worked for you?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Check his threads, I think some have chimed in. But they haven’t been around long enough for user long term testing

Piro133a likes this.
  3. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    They work great for me <cough> <cough> :D

We've had tons of feedback. We've been selling to everyone for over a year now, and to some beta testers for a couple years now. The development kits years more again.

We've had taxis put on tons of miles in short periods as well. There is a Youtube video someone made about the box/install and there are reviews here on PriusChat as well as on our own site. All are completely independent. We now keep literal tons in stock the best we can and generally ship out same day or next day when you order.

4. Piro133a

Piro133a New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I wish I could have gone for your pack. Unfortunately I'm on a super tight budget because I work for a non-profit basically for rent and covering deducted taxes.

It would be in my right budget, except the ECU was totally fried on this battery pack. I wonder what caused it, didn't seem like the sensor leads were on wrong. Kinda odd. I probably could have gotten the pack and a new ecu, but I needed a buffer--which I'm now using on a radiator repair. 20181106_131803.jpg 20181106_131823.jpg 20181106_131803.jpg 20181106_131823.jpg

Raytheeagle likes this.
  5. strawbrad

strawbrad http://minnesotahybridbatteries.com

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Burned up battery ECU's are not unheard of. I see something like 5% of the batteries have corrosion on the ECU plug. The corrosion is more likely to happen in a humid climate. To see more check out this thread.

The battery fires at ECU sense connector thread | PriusChat

All of your battery modules could still be usable. A brand new wire harness costs about $60. Used battery ECU's can be found for under $100.

You could try Hybrid Battery Exchange, Hybrid Battery Exchange . He is in Oregon.

One final safety FYI. That burnt up orange plug you held without a glove still has over 150 volts present even with the safety plug removed.

Piro133a likes this.