1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NHW11 After Market Stereo System

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by UN1X, Mar 3, 2016.

1. UN1X

UN1X Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Has anyone researched this or actually have accomplished an after-market install?

iPhone ?

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I did but the standard, after-market wiring adapters have problems and the original radio has to remain in the car. The problem is the termination resistor in the radio is necessary for the multi-function display to work properly. The correct installation has been documented in another thread here.

There are also issues with the aged, fracturing dash cover. Again, fully discussed in various threads here.

However, mine includes a USB interface and bluetooth so I have no interest in backing it out. I would rather have the new receiver-head in part because I have better instrumentation than the MFD.

Bob Wilson

3. UN1X

UN1X Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks Bob! Can you post some pictures? Also, can you direct me to that sub forum you were talking about?

4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus

I know you're new here so I would recommend using the "Search" function. In the meanwhile, this may get you started:
    GD dash cover | PriusChat

GOOD LUCK!
    Bob Wilson