1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No indicator on EV gauge

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by SR-71, May 7, 2021.

1. SR-71

SR-71 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    My 2017 Prime, with a full charge normally shows the dash EV Bar indicator as full as I take off, but yesterday I noticed this EV indicator was blank (as in no EV charge), even through the HUD was showing 30.7miles of EV range. I confirmed that the vehicle did in fact drive approximately 30 miles on EV power. I'm wondering whether my EV dash bar indicator has developed a problem, or if I've somehow accidentally turned off some function.

Once the EV power was expended, the dash indicator bar converted over to gas engine (ECO settings) and seemed to follow the accelerator pedal as it normally does, but this morning after a full charge, again no EV charge was indicated on the dash bar indicator. Anyone have any ideas why?

Butch

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Are you talking about the battery gauge or the % left? I’m not sure what the “EV bar Indicator” is.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    a picture is worth a thousand words...

4. SR-71

SR-71 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Yes, the vertical bar section labeled "EV" indicating how much EV power is left. Normally after a full charge this EV area is colored blue and as I drive the blue area decreases as I drive. But lately, even with a full charge, the EV area is blank (black), even though the HUD indicates a full EV charge (~30 miles). The attached photo was taken with a full charge. Note the blank (black) EV area. Seems to me this area was filled in after a charge.

Attached Files:

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ohhhh. You’re talking about the area to the right of the speedo?

And you’re talking about the “battery meter”. Right now, the Hybrid System Indicator is being displayed. Just scroll all the way to the left using the right control pad on the steering wheel. When that part is selected, scroll up/down until you find the battery meter. There are 3 options for that section - battery meter, HSI and mpg (miles/Wh)

6. SR-71

SR-71 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Thank you! My Battery Meter is back to reading the way I had it before..., when fully charged, green at the top 2/3's, and blue at the bottom 1/3. I must have somehow accidentally changed the setting. Thanks again.