1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0420 Check Engine Light

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by kswahl1, Feb 18, 2016.

1. kswahl1

kswahl1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just typed out a long post then it got deleted when I tried to add a picture. Ugh!

I dont have any performance issues the lack of acceleration, bad mpg's. My car has 293,000 miles on it and it uses about a quart of oil every 3,000 miles.

Here are some graphs of my OBD2 scaner going down the high way at 60mph for approxamitly 10 seconds. I dont know what it means. Does this mean I need a new Catalytic Converter?

Cat 1 and 2 temperatures
    File_001.png - Google Drive

B
    oth Upstream and downstream sensor (o2) readings
    File_000.png - Google Drive

2. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Can't be of specific help to you other than passing this link on to you. I found this with the search function.

Best of luck to you.

P0420 code | PriusChat

3. kswahl1

kswahl1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks. I think I'm just going to get that Universal Cat and hopefully get me through inspection.

4. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    We're in the Gen3 thread but yes for 2007 Gen2 you could have cat problem. Depending on where you live you have different options. CA you may need to bite the bullet but i'd give it a chance to clear itself and other fiddling around.