1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0AA6, C1259, C1300, C1310

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by atlsud, Jan 6, 2023.

1. atlsud

atlsud Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I had a dead 12V battery replaced and the car will get into Ready mode but will trigger the Red Triangle and yellow (!) within a few minutes of sitting in Ready or driving. Dr Prius scan showed a P0AA6. Car will drive but once it is turned off I need to clear the battery code (via Dr Prius) or disconnect the 12V battery

Took the Prius to the shop for detailed codes. The shop used a SnapOn scanner which showed the P0AA6 in addition to C1259, C1300, C1310. I asked if there were subcodes under P0AA6 but he either didn't know how to access them or the subcodes were not coming up.

I removed the HV battery to inspect and didn't see any obvious corrosion. I replaced the HV battery was replaced 4 years ago with the cylindrical modules from NewPriusBatttery. There was a connector near the HV fan that looked a corroded so I cut and soldered two of the 4 wires. Not sure what these wires do.
    [​IMG]

I did a search and ChapmanF in post #4 2010 prius c1259 c1310 | PriusChat stated: "It's pretty common knowledge here (but still needs the word spread to the new folks) that C1259 and C1310 are simply codes that the skid control ECU sets when it has been told there are trouble codes in the power management control ECU. So literally all those two codes mean is "never mind us, go find out what the trouble codes in the power management control ECU are.""

I'm close to setting this Prius ablaze. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!!!

2. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    The subcode for the P0AA6 would be of great help, otherwise we're guessing. The vast majority of the time, it's the HV battery, but not always. Could be the main cables, the inverter, the AC compressor, the transaxle......

Did you get a chance to look at the HV battery ecu socket where the voltage sensing harness plugs in?

A copy of Techstream would do you good. There's a parameter in the HV Battery section called "Shortwave Highest Value" whicj measures the insulation value of the HV system. 5v is perfect, and any degradation will cause that number to drop. Somewhere around 3.2? will trigger the P0AA6 code. You can look at it before and after making the car ready to see how the value changes when the main relays shut. Techstream is also the best option for looking at codes and subcodes.

atlsud likes this.
  3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The P0AA6 code will normally have one INF code, 526, when it first appears, and that code just means "hold on, I haven't figured out the specific area yet, don't clear me and I'll figure it out after another power cycle."

Later, it will normally have the 526 plus another code from 611, 612, 613, or 614, which will direct you specifically to one of these areas:

[​IMG]

However, if you never get the more-specific code, or you don't have a scan tool to see the INF codes, you can still just start at the very top of the P0AA6 troubleshooting steps in the repair manual and track down the fault yourself by a longer process of elimination. It's more tedious, but not magic.

Toyota Service Information and Where To Find It | PriusChat

atlsud likes this.
  4. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  5. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    atlsud likes this.
  6. atlsud

atlsud Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thank you sir. I ordered the Autel Maxi.