1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Potholes

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by huskers, Mar 10, 2019.

1. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Finally winter has started to let go of its hold this year. But now potholes are appearing like never before. I saw cars fall into one yesterday that I could have sold tickets to as the Midwest Mini Grand Canyon. Potholes can be hard on the Prime since it rides so low to the ground. Keep a sharp eye out for them. Sometimes you just have to hit them in heavy traffic.

2. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I know exactly what you mean. On top of thick ice here and there, and potholes appearing everywhere ice has melted, our roads are now severely buckled from frost heaving, the top speed I can drive is 20 mph on some roads. I have hit and craped the bottom of my PRIME hard several times this winter. I will ask to do a close inspection at my next maintenance.

#2 Salamander_King, Mar 10, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  3. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I wish ...

This cold winter (I'm in the Pacific Northwest) is rough on the new calves I'm watching right now. Dad says these are the worst calving weather conditions here since 1964. I would have had multiple hypothermia deaths of newborns if not for checking the various hiding places every three hours every night. This is more typical of January to early February weather.

4. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Many years ago shortly after I moved from the UK to here (NE USA) I drove a VW Rabbit, and the pot-holes & ploughed fields which pass for highways here in the NE (MA particularly) did a grand job of trashing the front suspension (both sides) of my Rabbit, but I was able to get my insurance company to claim against the Mass DPW, so I got my car fixed for the cost of my deductible ($100 from what I remember) - I'm not sure if that would work today! :rolleyes: