1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pre Heat/Pre cool

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by civicdriver06, May 7, 2017.

1. civicdriver06

civicdriver06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    How much % battery charge or how many ev miles have to be at least left to operate the system and can it be timed to start even if the vehicle is not plugged in ?

2. priuscatprimeguy

priuscatprimeguy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    has to be plugged in, I tried it unplugged, remote climate would not work

3. civicdriver06

civicdriver06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    In German version there's a button on the key to use it,even when unplugged,but it just seems so stupid to have an on board timer and still not be able to time the system if not plugged in .
    It's okay if the car is parked nearby and just hitting the button on the key about ten minutes before finishing work but I usally have to park about 300 meters away from where I work and I guess the key won't reach that far !
    So if I finish work on a hot summers day,I have to wait in front of the car for about 10 min. to cool down before I get a comfortable cabin temperature instead of beeing able to time it so I can get in a cooled down car straight away !
    Where's the logic in that ?
    It should be absolutely no problem to opt for either only charge,no charge but climate prep or both in the timers setting menu !

#3 civicdriver06, May 7, 2017
    Last edited: May 7, 2017
  4. Cave Arnold

Cave Arnold Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The advanced model has remote climate entune app that I have used to pre heat and/or cool the vehicle. The thing that impressed me this winter the most was that although my one way drive to work of 27.8 miles normally depletes the EV range to --% and -- miles the remote heat still worked. I would enable heat for normal or max depending on temperatures from my office before I began to leave and by the time I walked to my car, normally 8-9 minutes it was toasty warm to get into. Spring is here now, but I have already verified that the remote cooling works the same way on the few hot days we have had thus far. The remote climate app relies on the car doors being locked beforehand though. This locking is done automatically by the A/C button on the keypad, but as mentioned you need to be within a few meters to activate. I have a thread with a full comparison of the new features in the Prime versus the PiP and my thoughts on each here.

civicdriver06 likes this.
  5. MNdriver

MNdriver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    There are other threads where folks are asking the advantage of charging the battery using the ICE. Think I just thought of one. Ever been to Minnesota in January?