1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prime Premium power drivers seat issue

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by fneil, Sep 14, 2017.

1. fneil

fneil Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I've had my Prime for a couple of months now, and am thoroughly enjoying the life electric.

I noticed today that the drivers seat will not go up when the rear of the 4way switch is lifted. It appears to be permanently at the bottom of its travel. The front-of-seat cushion up/down switch works fine, as does the forward/backward switch action.

I know this worked until recently, as my wife raises the seat considerably when she drives the car.

Anybody experienced this? I'll have to set up my first appointment with local service (I bought the car in Rhode Island, but live in NC), so it will be interesting to see how they react to a Prime in the shop. I've only seen two other Primes in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area since I started looking into them earlier in the year.

Neil

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    maybe a loose wire, please keep us posted!

3. fneil

fneil Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Sheesh, I got to the dealer this am, headed for the waiting room, and the guy checking me in called me back before I got to the door. Vertical seat control was working. I checked it before leaving home - it was not. I suspect he fiddled with the seat harness/connection after I walked away. Probably was a loose connection. Hopefully won't happen again...

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

john1966, Mark57 and jungleland1972 like this.