1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Primes in Maine

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by stuyguy, Jun 15, 2017.

1. stuyguy

stuyguy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Bought my Prime last week on Long Island but visited a few dealers while visiting friends in Maine. Six primes gathering dust on their lots. Berlin City, 2 Premiums, blue and red. Topsham, 2 Advanced, titanium glow and silver; 2 Premiums, titanium glow and gray. All have black interior. Amazing, and dealers have printed brochures!

2. walterm

walterm Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    That's surprising, since when we go to vacation in Maine (in early Sept once the tourists are gone ;) ) we always notice lots of Priuses all over).

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    maine has probably sold more out of state than in. incredible deals reported up there.

4. Ryan c

Ryan c Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    quick question. I also live in Colorado and researched the legislation for the 5k credit. It looked as if the car had to be titled and purchased in Colorado. It seems like you got a way around this. I am looking at prius primes, but in CO they only order at MSRP. No deals whatsoever. Mind sharing how you are getting the credit? Did I just misread the legislation? Thanks and I hope you are enjoying your new prime!

5. stuyguy

stuyguy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    My understanding of HB 16-1332 is that the car has to be titled and registered in CO not purchased there. $5000 off at time of sale is just an option. I'll find out for sure when I file taxes next year, at which time I provide VIN and consent to VIN tracking. I would have bought it anyhow as I need to use up my excess solar panel production. Fingers crossed

See: https://priuschat.com/threads/colorado-tax-credit.179622/

BTW, Augusta has 2 Premiums and 1 Plus on the lot

#5 stuyguy, Jun 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  6. Ryan c

Ryan c Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Thanks for your reply! I hope the credit comes through for you!

7. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    The dealers know the state (read taxpayer) is discounting the price, why should the dealer as well. It will take some time for competition to get dealer discounts going after the introduction of the CO credits.

8. Ryan c

Ryan c Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Hi Stuyguy -

After researching it a bit more I agree with your assessment of HB 16-1332, I'm contemplating doing exactly what you did! I don't think CO will discount primes for a long, long while. Toyota doesn't seem to be sending any to dealers only when ordered by a customer. Anyway, would you recommend the dealer you used in Long Island and if so would you share their info? Looks like there are some crazy deals in Maine at the moment as well.

9. stuyguy

stuyguy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    I bought from Huntington Toyota, who had more Primes on the lot than other NY dealers I visited. Dealer discount was $1300. Maine dealer discounts were twice NY's. I visit Queens often so Huntington was better logistically, and they had the Advanced blue/moonstone I really wanted. I received an equote for an Advanced titanium/black from Berlin City that I was considering and used it in my haggling. Maine dealers are much nicer to deal with than those in NY, just saying

#9 stuyguy, Jun 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  10. Ryan c

Ryan c Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I really appreciate the info! Your help made me research more, and I am probably going to buy a prius prime premium from Berlin City Toyota in Portland, ME. Getting 2700 +2500 Toyota discount. Will finalize on Monday. I really like the dealership. All salesman were nice and not pushy. They gave me the best price - almost - right away. I reread the CO legislation and it seems like there is no reason we would not qualify for the rebate. Fingers crossed that we both get it! Again thank you for your prompt replies. You really helped push me in the right direction. Drive safe back to Colorado!

11. stuyguy

stuyguy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Glad to help, and thanks. I liked both Berlin City and Lee. For once I had an edge in dealing with a dealer--I knew I was getting an additional $5000 back, they didn't!

12. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    amazing, $5,200. off a premium. if i ever pull the trigger, i may drive to maine.