1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius C 1 Modifications & Accessory Additions

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by kndy, Aug 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. kndy

kndy Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Cool! Where did you find those stickers?

2. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    They pop up on E-Bay. When I got them they came from Japan, now I think there are fake parking stickers being sold.....so if you want the really thing try to get one from Japan.

3. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    BTW I have been told that the factory computer is already programed for cruise control, you just need the stalk and plug, I am going to be having this done soon at one of our mod parties we hold every so often.

4. kndy

kndy Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Today, I installed the WeatherTech Window Side Deflectors... Car needs a wash! Lol...

But there are a few observations I had. I had installed window side deflectors in the past and while the rear had an adhesive side, the front didn't, but I can understand why.

I do have recommendations...

But first, was surprised that the rear does not have the WeatherTech logos. Wish they did.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As c4 had written on his post earlier this year, I do recommend your windows to be all the way down when installing these.

The rear windows are easy to install, not much bending, just remove the adhesive covers and slide them up, make sure they are all the way up and they are in.

As the instructions and the YouTube videos shows....make sure the corner towards the front are outside of the rubber channel, not inside...

[​IMG]

You have to be careful as that corner rubber piece on the bottom can be bent, so you need to make sure nothing is bent in the channel and gets pinned between the window deflector bottom corner.

[​IMG]
    Also, installing the corner piece, just a slight rub on the outside can scratch the paint as you can see. I'll need to cover it up the scratches, but just make sure the plastic doesn't come in contact with that section because a slight rub can scratch the black portion on the bottom of the channel.

But just remember that the WeatherTech vent cover can be flexed and bent slightly. Part of you may not want to force the bend to fit the piece considering you spent a lot on these, but don't worry these are rather flexible.

I will say that I do worry that there is no adhesive on these WeatherTech front visors but this is something that has been debated on other automobile forums for years.

Nevertheless, these were not difficult to install. They are a bit pricey at $114 (inc. shipping and handling) four all four but will see how these work overtime.

#24 kndy, Aug 6, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  5. kndy

kndy Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    And the next change for the day will be the badge change...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. kndy

kndy Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Added blue LED's for the interior... Got white LED's as backup just in case I end up getting sick or tired of the blue. But I'm not sure how to change the license plate lights (removing the cover).

[​IMG]

After looking through how several people put on their Aqua badges, I saw how one person kept his Prius C and put his Aqua badge on top. I didn't do that but I decided to keep both badges, to have something different. And if I don't like it, at least I won't feel bad about removing the Prius C badge.

[​IMG]

And it's slightly problematic whenever my wife and son keep wanting to charge their cell phones and I am charging mine, so it helps to add the RavPower 3 USB 36W Car Charger.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And now the expensive stuff will be next...not anytime soon but rims, cruise control, fog lights and possibly a rear navigation camera. I'm not an electrician, so the expensive part is parts + the labor of getting it installed.

orenji likes this.
  7. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Well we have mod parties, every so often, so if you need something done, you should reach out to sfv41901 on Priuschat, He does amazing work and is very fair with cost.

8. kndy

kndy Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Cool! Where do you guys usually have your mod parties? I don't live in SoCal anymore (now in CenCal) but I still go there often to visit my family in Long Beach.

9. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    We meet up in LB!

10. kndy

kndy Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Awesome!!! I hope I can attend one of your guy's meetups. Are mod parties something that you need to leave your car for a few days or do you guys work on them that day?

11. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    No, all work is done the same day, we just all hang out and watch the master do his thing!

12. Masterloc

Masterloc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I'm no electrician too, but the C is fairly easy to mod compare to my other car. Panels pops out so easy, and wires are sparse enough to understand. I guess the the C1, there's even less wires and many will have to bypass the ECU since there won't be any lead coming out of it. Which makes things even simpler. Only thing that may be difficult is the cruise control. I remember seeing post somewhere that deals with that on the C1. haven't bother reading it since I have a C3 and already equipped with cruise control.

13. TC400

TC400 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Can you link me to the chrome rings for the cup holders? Thanks!

14. kndy

kndy Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Sure, here you go!

TC400 likes this.
  15. TC400

TC400 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks! So even though I have amazon prime but I'm America I can still order from Amazon Japan?

16. kndy

kndy Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Yes, you can order from Amazon Japan. Just make sure you change settings to English after you create your account. Not sure if Amazon Prime works internationally but shipping is quick (3-4 days from Japan via DHL).

But make sure when you purchase any item, make sure it shows: "AmazonGlobal Priority Shipping is available to your selected address. Please check estimated delivery date during checkout. Ships from and sold by Amazon.co.jp"

Bigboi and TC400 like this.
  17. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The chrome rings are also available on e-bay, that's were I purchased my set.

18. kndy

kndy Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    A lot of the Aqua merch. on Amazon Japan is much cheaper, like on e-bay the chrome rings for the steering panel was $35 but on Amazon Japan it's $7, the armrest is $20 while on eBay it's $90-$250.

But with that being said, there is the global shipping fee that can start off at $14-17 for one item. So, best to compare the pricing on both Amazon Japan and eBay.

So, the chrome rings for the cup holders, I got it for Y943 yen which is like $9 US. If I just bought that one item, it would be about $23. But more and things get a little cheaper for shipping if they can fit it in a small box.

I tend to buy a lot of import video games and magazines from Amazon Japan, so I'm used to paying those global shipping fees.

TC400 likes this.
  19. TC400

TC400 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Yeah if you go on eBay and search NHP10 it's some type of code but it brings up a ton of Prius C/Aqua parts that you can only get in Japan and the shipping is ridiculous.

20. TC400

TC400 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for this. I'll be sure to take a look. I like chrome and I like the idea of chrome rings. Are they OEM accessories or just aftermarket?