1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius plug in LED's

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by James Powers, Sep 22, 2017.

1. James Powers

James Powers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ok So... The search function constantly gives me an error so I am resulting in a posting when I am sure this has been discussed already.. So if someone can access the link and send it, that would be awesome.

I am looking to get the Prius Plug in LED headlight assembly. I like that look a lot over the current halogen headlights my Prius two has. Ive already put in the LED bulbs but the look of those duel projectors just looks so much better.. Plus, Id rather have a housing built for LED than stuffing LED bulbs into the halogen housing.

Any ideas? Links? Found some on ebay but I am not sure really what I need as I noticed there is a ballast on the bottom of them.

Thanks!

Dylan Doxey likes this.
  2. Parishorganist

Parishorganist Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Excel
    I thought they were standard on the Pip!

3. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So, your info says you have a Prius Two, but this is in the PiP forum? Are you asking about LED headlights for the PiP? They are standard on the Advanced. As far as I can tell, not on the Base model. Other countries may be different.

If you don't have a PiP, then you should ask a moderator to move this to a more appropriate forum where it will get more attention from the right people.

James Powers likes this.
  4. James Powers

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey Jerry! This is my fault. I thought I did post this in the right area.. I am new to this particular forum, well, the Prius too! I didn't even realize I posted in the PiP forums or that I was even looking here.. I really like the duel projector look over the single projector that the base Prius has. I will ask to have this moved over to the base Prius. Thank you for pointing this out!

jerrymildred likes this.
  5. James Powers

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Correction - It actually looks like I did post it in the 3rd gen area but someone moved it to the PiP forum. Anyway, I will look into it. Thanks again!

jerrymildred likes this.
  6. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Wow. Very strange.

The Prius Chat search engine is exceptionally lame. I found this with Duck Duck Go. Hope it sheds some light on the subject.
    LED Headlight Conversion | PriusChat

James Powers likes this.
  7. James Powers

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Jerry coming through! Yeah.. I haven't had the best of luck with the search as well. Sometimes it works but most times I get an error message. That link definitely helps though! Thank you again!

jerrymildred likes this.