1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Prime 2017 Complete Strut Assembly & Shocks? Air Suspension System

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Friendlyx, Nov 10, 2022.

1. Friendlyx

Friendlyx Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Hello everyone!

First, I want to thank this community for allowing me to maintain my Pri for many years! Thank you everyone!
    I was hoping to get some help figuring out the model numbers or what would be a good replacement for a Prius Prime 2017 for the struts and shocks for it. I'll give some background:

I first purchased the Prius Prime 2017 a couple of months ago not knowing what I purchased (live and learn!) well it had a lovely air suspension system (yes the whole system was in this Prius) and it had some very fancy wheels which was lowering my MPG
    Prius Prime 2017 Low/Unusual MPG | PriusChat
    I was able to recover most of my MPG by removing the rims and went with stock wheels, thought that was the end of it.

A month later I started to see that the 12v would die.. I thought it was just old and replaced it... well I have replaced it multiple more times after that. I now think that the air suspension system was installed incorrectly and is draining the poor 12v when it's off.
    Prius Prime 2017 12v Battery OEM | PriusChat

I've researched and looked into what I can do to not pour so much money into this car. At this point we are jump starting it every day, multiple times a day. I have asked for advice from multiple shops, and most won't touch it. I assume because they can't guarantee that the car will run after they start to remove the aftermarket parts. I finally found a shop which told me to bring them the parts and they'll do it. I was hoping to get some advice in purchasing the aftermarket or OEM strut assembly and shocks. I'm guessing most of the OEM parts are gone from the car from that area, so I don't know if there's anything else I need to purchase. I found this package which claims to include everything, but does anyone have any experience with them?
    2017 Toyota Prius Prime Front & Rear 4 Piece Complete Strut Assembly & Shock Absorber Kit TRQ SKA42938 (1aauto.com)
    Does anyone else know the part number or the price to buy directly from Toyota or any aftermarket which will serve me well? I understand it'll be hard to find someone who's done this as the car is still new and I'm sure no one's struts have failed.

TDLR: I was hoping to get some help figuring out the model numbers or what would be a good replacement for a Prius Prime 2017 for the struts and shocks for it.

Thank you again everyone! LIVE AND LEARN!