Prius Prime 2019 Map Update

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by hcprius, Aug 24, 2020.

1. hcprius

hcprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I did a search and nothing came up so asking for your wisdom: Is there a way to update the maps in a 2019 Prius Prime? On my last Prius there was an SD card slot, though all my attempts at following the directions to update the maps failed. On this one I don’t see a slot, though it may be well hidden. And even if I found it, I’d need to know where to get the files.

If it’s dealer updateable only, just say the word. It wouldn’t surprise me, and since the GPS maps on my phone are free I’ll just keep using those.

Still kicking myself that I got a 2019 and Apple CarPlay hit only on the 2020 models.

2. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Here is thread showing how to update map data using OEM nav map update SD card. I don't know what is the latest map data SD card available for your model, but last I read, it was still a year or two old. IMHO, it is not worth paying $200 for the card to update the in car nav map system.

Experience, Photos of Nav Data Update, March 2019 | PriusChat

3. illumiN8i

illumiN8i Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Latest map SD card from 2019 is listed here. Navigation Map Version | Page 5 | PriusChat
    Because it's so expensive, I would wait for the 2020 map update before buying. It seems a 2020 Map update 86271-GN8PR-20 release is imminent since it's listed on the attached application chart from Resources – Toyota Wholesale I haven't been able to find it for sale on any of the parts websites yet, but hopefully soon.

Attached Files:

Salamander_King likes this.
  4. hcprius

hcprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Agreed. Was hoping there was a way around that. A few years ago there was a thread on how to create your own SD card. Guess Toyota quashed that.

$200, sheesh!

Salamander_King likes this.