1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

prius v hands free phone

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by schinia, Feb 14, 2013.

1. schinia

schinia Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    after multiple attempts to fix it, it still drops calls, and won't even connect to the IPHONE i have sometimes. sometimes i get a call it doesn't connect. never had this trouble in my 2009 venza. i have come to believe it is a cheap system.

2. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Here are several interesting threads in the Prius v Audio and Electric Forum:
    Finicky Bluetooth | PriusChat
    post #9

iPhone 5 Bluetooth phone problem | PriusChat

Iphone, itunes Match and BT options with non HDD Entune Navigaiton System | PriusChat
    This thread is from Dec 2012. Don't know what version of iOS they were working with, but I know there is a new version out since then.

I don't read a request for help or a question in your post.

Have you upgraded to latests iOS on you iPhone (what gen?) ?

I hope you get it working right because it is great when it works the way it is suposed to. I always like to start with a hard reboot (press and hold power button, right?) on any device that is giving me problems. I hope this helps.

3. schinia

schinia Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    i was just posting my problem, i don't think this is going to be fixed. the phone is an iphone 4s , and it has had all of the latest ios. rebooting, or a reinstall doesn't accomplish anything. it works on and off. thank you anyway.

4. skwcrj

skwcrj Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Did it work before you updated the iOS?

Lots of people are having connectivity issues with iOS 6.1.1

I have no problems with an iPhone4 with iOS 5.1.

One thing I learned from owning several iPhones is to NOT update the iOS right away. Monitor the Apple Supports Forums for a while before updating.

5. schinia

schinia Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    it has always been dropping calls, or not recognizing the phone when you start the car.

6. 1911Tex

1911Tex Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I have a Samsung Galaxy III........works hands-free like a charm.

7. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Cheap droid with years-old OS rev works fine.

Can't imagine why Toyota wouldn't test the heck out of an iPhone as they were the market leader during development. But lots of posts about trouble with iPhones leads me to suspect the phones.

8. IceKream

IceKream Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I have an iPhone 4 and the Bluetooth works like a charm. It works great on the original iOS and the latest (I bit the bullet and upgraded after 2 years).

I do have to give it a couple of minutes for the Bluetooth to sync.

9. mudmanrv

mudmanrv Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I had both a Droid X Android phone by motorola... and just upgraded to an iPhone 5 with latest iOS update...
    which I was a little hesitant to do given the problems people have been posting...

I have the v2 ... no entune - I got in the car, turned on the car, while in park - hit setup - bluetooth... went to bluetooth on my iphone - it saw the car - confirmed the pairing code... and it worked fine.

Takes about 30 seconds from starting the car to get a successful connection - (same as my android did - as the radio has to bootup, and get past its toyota logo screen, etc.)

It does usually take about a full ring before the car realizes its ringing - but everything works as it should.

I haven't played audio by phone yet - but will try that soon, need to transfer some mp3s over...

I also am doing this - while NOT tethered to the USB. strictly bluetooth only.

10. schinia

schinia Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    it has never worked right!

11. Ronnell Watson

Ronnell Watson New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I switched to the iPhone 5 after buying my Prius. My android phone worked fine but the iPhone 5 will not allow me to answer calls through the hands free. I can make calls all day long but cannot answer them. When I push accept on the screen nothing happens and the buttons on the steering wheel won't work either. Anyone else having this problem?