1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

QI Receiver for an iPhone that works in a Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by aforkosh, Mar 28, 2016.

1. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You could try using those self adhesive transparent blobs. You'd need just four, two each side of the black emitter area should stop the phone rocking.

MrMischief likes this.
  2. MrMischief

MrMischief Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have abandoned my latest qi receiver on my iphone 7 plus. It was just a plug in one that sat under an apple leather case. It charged reliably in the Prius, however it did not reliably charge on my night stand. that may be due to the positioning so I'll mess with it later but for now, back to boring old wired charging. I feel like a caveman........

3. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmm. Don't know where you're gonna get one from this close to the Holidays!!

4. Roger Valade

Roger Valade New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Thanks to everyone who provided information on this thread; it inspired me to give it a try even though my iPhone 6S Plus is a little to big to lay flat on the charging pad. I was able to get the iPhone to charge in my 2017 Prime with this receiver from Amazon:

Kusda Qi iPhone Receiver Gen-3 Super Speed Ultra Slim 0.5 Mm Qi iPhone Wireless Charging Receiver Patch Module for iPhone 7 Plus 6 6 Plus, 6s 6s Plus 5s 5c New Improved 5V/ 1000mA!

And thanks to my 10-year-old we made a video about it on YouTube entitled "Prius Prime and iPhone 6s Plus Wireless Qi Charging." ;-)

(Sorry, I'm too new of a member to post links.)

RCO likes this.
  5. Priscilla

Priscilla Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I have been doing some online research for charging my iPhone 7 plus in my new 2017 Prius 4 Touring. I have come across the Aircharge case which is reputed to be made for apple certification: Aircharge MFi Qi iPhone 7 Plus wireless charging case - black. It's availabe on the mobilefun.com website. Does anyone have experience with this? I have tried the Morphie and sent it back.

6. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You may not thank me for this, but Qi charging is OK except if you want to run apps at the same time. Then, your phone may not get enough juice to charge up, so I've decided to use USB connector plugged into the power sockets as the can give you all the lookout you'll need. It's probably cheaper into the bargain! Good luck whichever you choose. ;)

Priscilla and krmcg like this.
  7. Priscilla

Priscilla Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Good to know. I like to charge my phone while listening to books or music on it.

RCO likes this.
  8. bobthejedi

bobthejedi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You can try this

I'm still using this and you can see the setup earlier in the thread
    QI Receiver for an iPhone that works in a Prius? | Page 2 | PriusChat

It does charge in the native qi charger as well, just checked

RCO likes this.