1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Quebec dollars in 2012

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by markderail, Apr 13, 2011.

1. markderail

markderail I do 45 mins @ 3200 PSI

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    (see PDF file attached View attachment Quebec action-plan.pdf )

So my 2010 G3 might be in for an upgrade! Finally being a resident in Quebec, having the lowest Kw/Hr rate in all of N.America and some of the highest gas prices in NA...

Seems like a logical move now. This week gas has been going over/under 1.40$/litre. That's 5.30$ for 1 US gallon.

So my having a G3, not wanting to go overkill, which kit / size should I get?
    My work commute is 20km, half is highway.

I thought the Enginer.US kit would be a good choice, as it is a simple concept. Thus less engineering, less things to go wrong. I could install myself.

(If I can build & configure computer workstations & servers including proper AC & network wiring, I should be able to install a PHEV kit)

I was thinking of switching to the CT200h in 4 years, however, becoming PHEV would be a compromise - meaning I'd hold unto the G3 Prius longer.

2. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm thinking that the Enginer kits are no longer available in DIY form.
    I tinkered with the idea of getting a G3(II) and converting one myself---but both of those thoughts have died of loneliness. The math just doesn't work for me.
    You sound like a good candidate for a PHV---but I'm not sure that there's a PHV car or conversion that's a good candidate for you...yet.
    You'll have to get out your trusty pencil and figure that out for yourself....and I wish you good luck with that.

FWIW...I personally think that the 2012 Prius PHV might get kicked to the right a little by production problems. If you already have a G3 that you like to drive, it might be better to keep it until another conversion kit becomes available in a DIY version for this car. It will...sooner or later.

Best of luck!

3. markderail

markderail I do 45 mins @ 3200 PSI

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I got an email response back from the Quebec government concerning the tax dollars rebate program for electric & PHEV program.

It only applies for new vehicles bought on or after Jan 1st 2012. The amount you get depends on the battery size and if you need a special charger at home.

Buying an aftermarket PHEV "kit" does not qualify, the car has to be PHEV at time of purchase.

I will try to complain about this to get aftermarket kits recognized.