1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Questions: new owner 2012 Prius C i-Tech

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by MsTee, Feb 27, 2017.

1. MsTee

MsTee Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    i-Tech
    First, thank you for this forum - you're a terrific community and a great source of information.

I'm going to be collecting a 2012 Prius C i-Tech tomorrow and would be very keen to know what, if anything, I should do at pick-up before driving it too far.

The Prius C i-Tech is the Australian version with bells and whistles - probably equivalent to the US 3/4, but a bit different. It's only done about 33,000 km (20,500 miles), presumably in the city, is metallic gray, and looks in very good condition.

I've been reading these discussions and watching YouTube videos avidly for a few days. I'm planning to record fuel consumption on Fuelly. I will be reading the manuals to learn how to use all the gizmos and gadgets. What I was wondering is whether there's anything to do or not do when I first pick it up, such as setting the trip meter etc, if the dealer hasn't already reset it. (I'd be interested in seeing the history of the previous owner who was a suburbanite, while I live in a small country town a fair way from anywhere.)

In addition, I'd be grateful for any advice of a general nature for a newbie Prius owner. (I'm replacing a much-loved Saab 9-3 convertible that I drove for more than 415,000 km, so feelings of joy with the Prius C are tinged with a real sadness I've never before had on selling a car.)

Prodigyplace and bisco like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome! i'll leave the advice to the more knowledgeable members here, all the best with your new c!(y)

3. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats.
    I echo bisco's sentiments. I am even less experienced with Prius than he is.

4. MsTee

MsTee Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Thanks, both of you. I've now discovered the newbie forum - it's choc full of helpful advice. I'll try not to stay up all night reading it :)

Just the same, if there are any particular tips for a used Prius C 2012 when it's first collected, do pipe up.

5. RobAustin

RobAustin Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    1) Clean the lint off the hybrid fan!
    2) enjoy

Rob

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Your head unit will be different than the ones installed in the US but there might be ways of tracking fuel consumption on there. If so, you can check out the previous owner's lifetime fuel consumption and you can reset it to track yours.

I assume you know its service history. If not, get the oil changed. The engine and cabin air filters are also easy and low cost maintenance items.