1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear deck/ trunk lock

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by oceansoul7, Dec 11, 2016.

1. oceansoul7

oceansoul7 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've been having ongoing problems w the rear deck latch on my 08 Prius. Initially it took extra pressure to engage the latch, then began to stick in the locked position with the door up, so I couldn't shut and latch the door. I tried lubricating the latch to no avail. I finally replaced the latch and striker both and it's still a problem with the "door open" light indicator on even with all the doors locked. Tried stacking shims behind the striker to more fully engage the latch without success. I do notice when I manually operate the latch, the "door open" light doesn't go out until the latch rotates another 30 degrees or so beyond simply engaging the striker, so for whatever reason, that latch is not fully rotating (it is new).

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This thread: Touch switch won't open liftback has some interesting information.

I suspect you need to disassemble the switch mechanism and clean it out, possibly replace the switch.

Hope that helps.

3. oceansoul7

oceansoul7 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    thanks. what/ where is the touch switch ? both components of the latch itself are new.