1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

WTB Rear wiper delete plug

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by 9uns, May 18, 2017.

1. 9uns

9uns Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    PRIUS REAR WINDSHIELD WIPER MOD REMOVAL | Page 2 | PriusChat

I'm looking for something like this. Someone in the link mentioned that the plugs are available at Lowe's? If so, does anyone know what the item # is or what I should search or maybe the size of the silicon plug?

Sarcastic "...weld doors shut...tape off headlights" etc. comments not necessary.

Thanks!

2. Imaginex20

Imaginex20 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Refer to this thread. I did the same thing this past weekend even before seeing the post, but did the same exact thing on my Gen3 prius.

Gen 4 Rear Wiper Delete | PriusChat

Raytheeagle likes this.
  3. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    …sorry to be such a kill-joy, but before you remove the rear-windshield wiper-motor, you might want to check your state's vehicle safety inspection laws. I'm in New Hampshire, and theirs says something about any safety equipment installed as part of the original equipment, must be present and operational for the test. I removed the wiper-arm and blade from my 2009 Gen II as its removal improved the vision to the rear, but I will pop the arm & blade back on when the inspection is due at the end of June, after which the arm/blade will come off once more. Removing the motor assembly is much more of a PIA and really doesn't improve the rearward vision.
    Here's another idea (thanks to the poster from who I nicked this!! :eek::rolleyes:;))

[​IMG]

4. 9uns

9uns Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    thanks for the sarcastic pic, but I'm not looking to remove the whole assembly, just the wiper arm/blade.

WilDavis likes this.
  5. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Understood! Simple job which took only 30 secs, only tool needed is 10mm wrench. Only thing I needed to add was 10mm blind nut (Stainless-steel) to protect the threads! ;)

6. 9uns

9uns Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    thank you both!